Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunn Married

jami1

Dunn Married

I have a friend who is from TX and friends with Adam. I read a few threads of people discussing Adam's poor performance at the end of the season. My friend thinks it's attributed to the fact that Adam was dealing with a ton of outside stress. For example getting a girl pregnant and not being ready for a kid or marriage. He had a kid in November and got married this December. Hopefully he won't have as much stress this season.
    Last edited by jami1; 02-25-2007 at 07:41 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Re: Dunn Married

Quote Originally Posted by jami1 View Post
    I have a friend who is from TX and friends with Adam. I read a few threads of people discussing Adam's poor performance at the end of the season. My friend thinks it's attributed to the fact that Adam was dealing with a ton of outside stress. For example getting a girl pregnant and not being ready for a kid or marriage. He had a kid in November and got married this December. Hopefully he won't have as much stress this season.
    people often forget that players are not merely baseball robots but actually people with their own individual lives and stressors. Hopefully Dunny comes back strong

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    people often forget that players are not merely baseball robots but actually people with their own individual lives and stressors. Hopefully Dunny comes back strong
    Well, Krivsky was looking at signing this guy.

Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

since his bat is in his right I'm glad he didn't we don't need another lefty in the pen

Is that the same machine that ran over Ray Fosse in '70?

You know, getting married and having a kid isn't exactly a stress-free existence . . .

Dunn is married to my wife's cousin and not only was he dealing with the marriage and baby thing but I think that she was having problems with the pregnancy also so that could have had alot to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Well, Krivsky was looking at signing this guy.

The guy or the machine? Because the guy looks like he's got some veteran presence.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

'course he looks like he has veteran presence. The guy's Jeff Conine.

Actually, that's Jeff's younger brother Roy.

I think that's Jeff's grandson Merl.

What was Cliff from "Cheers" doing in Cincinnati?
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Congrats Creek!
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I was wondering why creek hadn't been around as much.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    I remember one Chipper Jones struggling through a really bad season a number of years back when he was going through a very public divorce.

Turn Off Ads?