Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2k7

Re: Mlb 2k7

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I just read about one major bug with 2K7. Apparently when starters get injured, they get replaced permanently in the lineup by a scrub minor leaguer. For example, Jeter gets injured and is "out for two weeks" and he NEVER returns from the minors.
    Deal breaker.

*sigh* back to hoping ootp2007 doesn't suck out loud.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Deal breaker.

*sigh* back to hoping ootp2007 doesn't suck out loud.
    2006 sure did.

I have been reading about 2K7, and The Show because I would like to get one of them this year. Well problem is, with all the bugs I have read I don't want to waste my money. I have already read several accounts that say The Show this year is WORSE than last years version of the game, with more bugs.

That's not cool.

I miss the High Heat days. BaseballSimCentral anyone? What a great site that used to be. I have said this a thousand times here, but Redsland's Cinergy field mod was the best stadium mod ever.

Sometimes I want to win the powerball just to find the guys who made High Heat and give them a job. Too bad MLB sold an exclusive license. That means no more PC baseball unless you go text with OOTP etc...

Why is it so hard to make a game like High Heat now? Those guys got it right, and that started 7 years ago. Baseball games have taken a huge step backwards IMHO.

Redslands Cinergy was great... I made a lame attempt to put together a GABP there for HH2003... That was a great series...

Been looking for something close ever since they stopped.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Started playing 2k7 last night on 360 franchise mode, KGJ had a three homerun game. One flaw I found was that opening day on the game is against the pirates in franchise mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Fan View Post
    Homer's there but he has a fictional name (which you can edit). Same for Votto. BTW, the roster management problem only occurs if you set roster management to allow the CPU to manage injuries. If you do it manually, it's not a problem. Bronson already missed a start for me after taking a line drive to the head, but now is back in the lineup.
    That's just for your user controlled team, right? Can you manage injuries for every team in franchise or GM mode?

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    I miss the High Heat days. BaseballSimCentral anyone? What a great site that used to be. I have said this a thousand times here, but Redsland's Cinergy field mod was the best stadium mod ever.
    BaseballSimCentral is still around but they don't get near the traffic as they did in the old High Heat days.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    Yeah, the injury roster management is horrible. It would be nice if you could fix the CPU teams lineups, etc in franchise mode but you can't.

Also, player progression is dissapointing yet again.

From what I can gather, if you are a franchise mode person you are going to be dissapointed, but if you just play games or season mode it's pretty good. Everyone says it's pretty, and the gameplay is pretty darn good.

I'm a big franchise mode guy, so I may wait on the PS3 version of The Show. Gives me some more time to find a PS3 at a store. They still seem impossible to find.
    Best Buy in Springdale has 3. Just left there. They are not up front. They are in a cage in the Middle of the store. I saw one at Target the other day too. Game Crazy had one left the other day. Buy the 60GB. The 20 GB are practically worthless. The Blue Ray DVD is AWESOME!!!!!! Especially if you use the HDMI cable with a Plasma screen.

I see the the '07 The Show is out for PSP.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I have the 20GB and I disagree they're worthless. I use mine mainly as a Blu-Ray player (cheapest one on the market).

Definitely snag either. Pretty darn capable machine.

I also have to disagree that the 20gb's are worthless. I think mine has been great.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

That's just for your user controlled team, right? Can you manage injuries for every team in franchise or GM mode?
    You can only manage your own team. However, I've seen other players have injuries and not get booted to the minors.

You can only manage your own team. However, I've seen other players have injuries and not get booted to the minors.
    Yeah, everything I've read is that it's intermittent. It happens on occasion but not everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Started playing 2k7 last night on 360 franchise mode, KGJ had a three homerun game. One flaw I found was that opening day on the game is against the pirates in franchise mode.
    Opening Day was versus the Cubs in mine, just as in real life.

Yeah, everything I've read is that it's intermittent. It happens on occasion but not everytime.
    Bizarre. Probably a code error that only impacts certain teams. All in all I'm not worried; the new production team seems top notch. This game is a million times better than last year's, and they have the lead man from MVP running things.

On a side note, I REALLY miss High Heat.

On a side note, I REALLY miss High Heat.
    Don't we all?

Don't we all?
    no

Turn Off Ads?