Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mlb 2k7

Re: Mlb 2k7

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I haven't bought a newer system yet, but I have it for the PS2 and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm playing on pro and I've lost three games so far, two against Arizona and the third game against the Cubs in the opening series. I haven't tinkered around much with the roster, except to put myself in the rotation. I'm 2-0 with a one shutout so far, by the way.

Hey,man I got a ps2 also and I just bought the game yesterday and was wondering what is the best way to hit a homer?? It says pull down on the right antilog stick then pull back up BUT I just hit high fly balls.How do you hit to it it in the gap or down the line for extra bases.

One last thing are they a way to make your fielders run faster and to make them dive??Thanks
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Dub View Post
    All the players that havent appeared in the majors aren't listed by their real name. However they have made the players easy to recognize by making the player with the First letter in both the first and last name.

Example: Homer Bailey is Hugh Blumberg and Joey Votto is some guy that has the initials JV. That way it's easy to find, you just need to edit the anme.
    Which is ridiculous to me, because last year all these guys had their real names. It was sweet. Now, if players were injured last year and missed all year, like Paul Wilson, they have fake names. What the hell. They even had retired players' batting stances in Create-a-Player, like Barry Larkin's. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Which is ridiculous to me, because last year all these guys had their real names. It was sweet. Now, if players were injured last year and missed all year, like Paul Wilson, they have fake names. What the hell. They even had retired players' batting stances in Create-a-Player, like Barry Larkin's. Disappointing.
    For some guys, I think you have to be a member of the Players Assn. to be a part of the game. I just wish I could edit the names of the 1976 Reds so that they could have their proper names.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Hey,man I got a ps2 also and I just bought the game yesterday and was wondering what is the best way to hit a homer?? It says pull down on the right antilog stick then pull back up BUT I just hit high fly balls.How do you hit to it it in the gap or down the line for extra bases.

One last thing are they a way to make your fielders run faster and to make them dive??Thanks
    Hitting homers is also a matter of timing and getting the right pitch. I hit a few with the guys you would expect to hit them and I even hit one with Freel the other day. The right stick makes the fielder dive for balls or climb the wall to rob homers. One of those buttons on the back (L2 or R2 I think) gives a short speed burst. I forget which button, but when I'm playing I always hit the right one.

I just got threw playing it and I finally hit two homers with Dunn and won 3-2 over the pirates so im learning.Quick question say im batting with freel and I want to hit it to the opposite way do I pull down then go right with the right antilog stick?
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    I just got threw playing it and I finally hit two homers with Dunn and won 3-2 over the pirates so im learning.Quick question say im batting with freel and I want to hit it to the opposite way do I pull down then go right with the right antilog stick?
    I think you can influence that with the left stick somewhat by pushing left or right to try to hit to that field. I've been able to do it a couple times.

Turn Off Ads?