Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with Brad Salmon?

What is wrong with Brad Salmon?

Where is all the chatter about him making the big club's bullpen? Something has to be wrong with him. Maybe I am missing something.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What is wrong with Brad Salmon?

Quote Originally Posted by jbran1114 View Post
    Where is all the chatter about him making the big club's bullpen? Something has to be wrong with him. Maybe I am missing something.
    Is it just me, or am I the only one that wants to call this guy Brad "The Animal" Salmon? I know that was Brad Leslie's nickname, but with a name like Salmon...

I think he should make the team. But with all the mediocre glut on contracts in front of him, I just don't see how he'll fit unless a couple guys are moved or injured.

There should be at least one spot set aside for guys like Salmon to get a chance. The Reds have multiple young cheap guys that can fill a role, but you never find out when guys like Cormier and Weathers are given relatively big money to stink-up the joint. The Reds could have pocketed that cash or combined it to get one difference maker, while rotating Salmon, Coutlangus, Medlock, Burton, etc through the open spots to try and find some life for the future.

I'm rooting for a Cormier trade, a stashing of EZ and Maj on an early rehab, and a spot for Salmon on the 25 man.

I'm rooting for a Cormier trade
    I'm rooting for a Cormier retirement party. Giving this guy a bullpen spot over Salmon or somebody just doesn't make any sense at all. So far I've learned that WayneK likes to make a lot of little moves that don't make any sense at all eg. Germano - Cormier Let's try and make a jump into the DIPS era here Wayne. To your disappointment, Rheal Cormier will never again post a sub 2 ERA, or possibly even a sub 5 ERA for that matter.

The second coming of King Fish in the MLB.

I heard he was getting smoked.

"I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by cacollinsmba View Post
    Is it just me, or am I the only one that wants to call this guy Brad "The Animal" Salmon? I know that was Brad Leslie's nickname, but with a name like Salmon...
    Brad "The Mackerel" Salmon.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

The guy will turn 27 this year. Maybe he needs another 13 years experience before being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    I'm rooting for a Cormier retirement party. Giving this guy a bullpen spot over Salmon or somebody just doesn't make any sense at all. So far I've learned that WayneK likes to make a lot of little moves that don't make any sense at all eg. Germano - Cormier Let's try and make a jump into the DIPS era here Wayne. To your disappointment, Rheal Cormier will never again post a sub 2 ERA, or possibly even a sub 5 ERA for that matter.
    Read my signature and know that what you learned is what Special K has been teaching since he arrived here.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

The guy will turn 27 this year. Maybe he needs another 13 years experience before being considered.
    At 40 I'm seeing a super vet that will know how to win
    Go Gators!

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Brad "only upstream" salmon

or

Brad "avoiding bears since 1980) Salmon

I prefer the latter
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

Not really sure why I understand all of the Cormier bashing on this board. Yeah, I too will root for a guy like Salmon, but Cormier was effective in a launching pad like Citizens Bank Park in Philly, and he can be here too.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Not really sure why I understand all of the Cormier bashing on this board. Yeah, I too will root for a guy like Salmon, but Cormier was effective in a launching pad like Citizens Bank Park in Philly, and he can be here too.
    BABIP creation. Check 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    BABIP creation. Check 2005.
    I just looked it up...gotcha, but he still COULD? I try to stay optimistic...

I think it would be a VERY good sign if one or two of the 26-27 year old relievers pushed some of the retreads into a timely retirement. Just not sure Jerry's got the stones to do it, even if they clearly outperform in camp. Maybe take two or three months of old farts getting shelled before the youngsters get a call up. Hope not.

Turn Off Ads?