Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

So sorry to hear this, TS. Stay strong.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    I think when ever you and Mrs TeamSelig feal like it's the right time is the best time to start trying again. I know that seems like a cop out but everybody grieves at different rates and in different ways.

Having a baby to hold will certinally make life happier, but the grief and loss of this baby woln't go away. The emotional pain will decrease over time but you will likely never forget this baby.

Just have a lot of honest talks with Mrs Team Selig and you will know when the time is right.
    Like Sonny said, consult your doctor. We waited one month one time, six months another time. Both ended in miscarriages. We waited a whole year after the last miscarriage and finally had a successful pregnancy, and our second child. Consult your doctor. I know you desperately want the Mrs to be pregnant again to try and forget about what happened, but it doesn't work that way. If you try too soon (before you are emotionally ready) and it happens again, it will be even more difficult. You can't ignore the cons and just focus on the pros. Life, no matter what you do, doesn't work like that. Unfortunately. Best of luck to you.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Today is the would-have-been expected date of birth.

Can't help think how differently my life would be right now if things happened differently. That beer helmet would be the last thing on my mind lol

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Today is the would-have-been expected date of birth.

Can't help think how differently my life would be right now if things happened differently. That beer helmet would be the last thing on my mind lol
    Aniverseries like that are very difficult. I wish I had some sort of brilliant wisdom to share, but unfortunatley there really isn't any. Take the time to greive with Mrs. TeamSelig. Be honest about your fealings. Honor the passing of your child.

It's not much, but there's lots of people who can at least empathize with you.

Here we go again. Round 2. Mrs TS is very, very happy.

Here we go again. Round 2. Mrs TS is very, very happy.
    Glad to hear it.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

She had a miscarriage last night.

This sucks so bad.... we were so excited, I can't believe this happened to us.

She is taking is really hard... I don't know how to make it better.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I think the sad news is from April, Matt, and the good news is from today.

Congrats!!!!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Well....then I'm glad to hear good news

Healthy and happy is good!!

Good for you guys, TeamSelig!

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Congratulations!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

TS congrats my friend.

My wife gave birth to our first child three weeks ago.

Being a father is a feeling I can't put words too - but I'll have the moment when I heard my son cry for the first time and first laid my eyes on him in my memory banks for the rest of my life.

Easily the coolest thing I've done in my life.

We'll keep our fingers crossed for the two of you and that everything works out in the end. I'm sure it will.
    Last edited by jmcclain19; 12-29-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Oh yeah - one more thing.

In a few months - you guys should start buying diapers. That was one of the smarter suggestions someone else gave to me.

Picking up a back of newborn or size 1 diapers every time you go to the store for your normal food shopping for months in advance takes away some of the bite in the pocket book that will otherwise come later. Babies treat diapers like Kleenex. You're going to need tons of them.

Yep, good idea. I had thought of doing something similar to that.

My best friend had his baby a few weeks ago. It is one cool little baby. Hopefully it all goes well this time around. I've been trying to help Mrs TS deal with stress and keep her thinking positive.

Still hoping for a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Oh yeah - one more thing.

In a few months - you guys should start buying diapers. That was one of the smarter suggestions someone else gave to me.

Picking up a back of newborn or size 1 diapers every time you go to the store for your normal food shopping for months in advance takes away some of the bite in the pocket book that will otherwise come later. Babies treat diapers like Kleenex. You're going to need tons of them.
    Congrats TS!

Just watch out that you don't have the next Adam Dunn on your hands. My kids skipped newborn and were only in size one diapers for a month.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?