Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

Still hoping for a boy.
    If it's a boy, just remember to go buy some rope so you can tie his right hand behind his back and start developing your left handed starter.

Congrats TS!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Babies treat diapers like Kleenex. You're going to need tons of them.

Congrats to you and Mrs. TS. Take good care of that woman.

I remember when our last came out of diapers. It seemed like we had been buying them forever. I think it was 8-9 years straight that every time we went to the grocery store, diapers were in the cart. I should have bought P&G stock.

When we started to not take a diaper bag with us, I kept feeling like we forgot something.

It's funny, a couple years ago, my youngest was baby-sitting an infant and she called Dad (the haz-mat squad) because the baby had poopy diapers. I went over and showed her how its done. She looked at me in amazement and said "how did you know how to do that?". I just laughed. Just like riding a bicycle, you never forget.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Congrats to you and Mrs. TS. Take good care of that woman.

I remember when our last came out of diapers. It seemed like we had been buying them forever. I think it was 8-9 years straight that every time we went to the grocery store, diapers were in the cart. I should have bought P&G stock.

When we started to not take a diaper bag with us, I kept feeling like we forgot something.

It's funny, a couple years ago, my youngest was baby-sitting an infant and she called Dad (the haz-mat squad) because the baby had poopy diapers. I went over and showed her how its done. She looked at me in amazement and said "how did you know how to do that?". I just laughed. Just like riding a bicycle, you never forget.
    Oh yeah, when you're out of that stage, you feel like you've grown an extra arm.

I also always remind parents who are expecting their third child that they'll now be outnumbered!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Hmm... well I am left handed and used to pitch a little (my mom is left handed also) so maybe if I train him as a new born and on up that he will be a better pitcher than I was lol

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Congrats and good luck.

The child is already a better pitcher than I was.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

We went to the doctor yesterday and today - heard the heartbeat yesterday (170)... a little high, but in the normal range.

Today we saw the ultrasound and all I can say is... WOW... What a dose of reality. It really seems like it is going to happen this time. She is ten weeks, so it's too early to confirm it being a boy It was flipping around, doing jumping jacks, push ups, summersaults, and it looks like its getting ready for spring training in there lol... great stuff, very cool feeling

I remember our first ultrasound. My wife seemed to be able to be able to distinguish the features, but for all I could tell, she might as well have swallowed a circus peanut whole. Of course, I pretended I understood what we were looking at,passing my first test in fatherhood with flying colors.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

haha... I completely understand that. It took me a minute to make it all out. The still pictures are horrible too, can't distinguish mcuh at all.

Glad for your happy update! I must admit my heart dropped a bit when I saw this thread had been updated today....I was afraid you were telling us bad news. I remember my ultrasounds with my daughter those first few months. I was so anxious every time to make sure everything was ok...it's such a big relief and excitement when you can see and hear that little heartbeat. This hasn't been medically proven, but an old wives tale is that higher hearbeat rates are girls, while slower rates are boys. It held true in my case!

Good luck!

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Congrats and good luck, TS.

My wife is expecting our 4th (3rd boy) next month. Exciting times.

Keep us posted.

It was flipping around, doing jumping jacks, push ups, summersaults, and it looks like its getting ready for spring training in there lol... great stuff, very cool feeling
    Pretty soon, he/she will be asking for the car keys, a cell phone, and a new iPod.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Update:

We are at 20 weeks tomorrow. We go in Monday morning for another ultrasound to check up on the organs and confirm that it is a boy I am very excited!

Update:

We are at 20 weeks tomorrow. We go in Monday morning for another ultrasound to check up on the organs and confirm that it is a boy I am very excited!
    Congrats and I hope it all goes well. My wife and I found out last Friday that our first child is a boy.

You can use a line that I stole from Jimmy Pardo. Right before they do the ultra sound.
    "I know it sounds cliche, but I just want it to be healthy...and not a girl."
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Please tell me you're not going to raise that child to be a Dook fan, RS.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Please tell me you're not going to raise that child to be a Dook fan, RS.
    I'm on ebay everyday looking for a baby size JJ Redick jersey.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?