Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

Oh my.... we are so exhausted. I can barely find enough time to eat with all of the feeding, pooping, peeing, etc. He eats about every 2 hrs, then there is burping, getting him to fall asleep except finding out he has a dirty diaper, changing his diaper which wakes him up, calm him down, get him to fall asleep again, and then there is about 30-40 minutes before he wakes up to eat again. We spend our 30 minutes just looking at how precious he looks (especially while sleeping)...

We had a rough first night home, hopefully we will survive

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Oh my.... we are so exhausted. I can barely find enough time to eat with all of the feeding, pooping, peeing, etc. He eats about every 2 hrs, then there is burping, getting him to fall asleep except finding out he has a dirty diaper, changing his diaper which wakes him up, calm him down, get him to fall asleep again, and then there is about 30-40 minutes before he wakes up to eat again. We spend our 30 minutes just looking at how precious he looks (especially while sleeping)...

We had a rough first night home, hopefully we will survive
    Haha. We went to the Dr. today for his check up. The nurse asked if we were getting any sleep. I just stared ahead with a dazed look on my face. She said "are you ok?" I said "Yeah, I'm just thinking about the question. What is this sleep you speak of?"
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Welcome to parenthood.

I think you will find that things improve after everyone settles into some kind of rhythm- the baby's includes sleeping, eating, pooping; yours, of course, includes catering to the eating and pooping.

Notice your part does not necessarily include sleeping. Sorry.
    It is important to understand that things get better only after you have completely forgotten what it's like to be well rested. It's sort of like brain washing- the kid's job is to break you psychologically and get you to the point where you stop hoping it will end. Once that's done, you become a compliant worker/drone. So, the sooner you get with the program and accept your fate, the better you will feel.

Resistance is futile, if you know what I mean.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Congrats!

My daughter is 2, and I still haven't gotten that 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep yet...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Oh my.... we are so exhausted. I can barely find enough time to eat with all of the feeding, pooping, peeing, etc.

Enough about you, what about the baby?

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHammer View Post
    Congrats!

My daughter is 2, and I still haven't gotten that 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep yet...
    MrHammer hasn't been sleeping through this, has he?

hehe....no, Mr. Hammer does his fair share. It's just that since our daughter is 2, she thinks she knows all and has specific jobs for Mommy and other jobs for Daddy. For better or worse, one of Mommy's jobs at the moment is the night time comforting. Lest you think we let her rule the roost....as a parent, I'm sure you know that you have to pick and choose your battles...for now, we'll let her go on this one. Gotta love toddlerhood!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHammer View Post
    you have to pick and choose your battles...
    I'm not sure I ever really excelled at that. For me against my daughter it's just one loss after another.

Turn Off Ads?