Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

Wow, that's wild. I remember what/who I was at 19/20 and even though no one says you're ever ready I can tell you I'm a lot more ready now than I was then. However, I'm sure I would have made the best of it and I'm sure you'll do the same. Congrats and good luck, TS.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hey guys, thanks for all of the replies.

I guess on a positive side I'll only be 30 when he (yes, I said he, no girls allowed) is 10 and in little league and all that fun stuff... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post

I guess on a positive side I'll only be 30 when he (yes, I said he, no girls allowed) is 10 and in little league and all that fun stuff... *sigh*
    That is actually pretty fun. My son plays football and baseball. In baseball it's fun to run around with him before games, hit grounders to him, and just generally act like a kid before the games. In football, I pound on him before games. Just to get him used to the contact. Not many of the "older" Dads do this kind of stuff. I guess they're afraid they'll bust their hip.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

That is definitely a positive. Even at 36, I feel like my body is starting to fall apart.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Go Team!

Having kids is hard work, but it also allows the opportunity to aligns one's priorities in all the right ways.

Best of luck.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Even if the baby is a girl, it will be a blast. A bunch of hard work and worries, to be sure, but as Johnny says all it takes is one look into those eyes.....
    My "little girl" is now 5 and I have loved every minute of it. The other day she just cracked me up when she darted around the kitchen table quickly and cried out (in a very quick manner) "Teddy Ginnnnn!!!!!!". You'll do fine.
    Last edited by bucksfan; 02-26-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Not many of the "older" Dads do this kind of stuff. I guess they're afraid they'll bust their hip.
    Hey now! My wife says there is nothing wrong with me probably needing a walker by the time my kids graduate high school.

Congratulations.

The work and the rewards of parenting are greater than you could ever imagine.

Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Congratulations. Fatherhood far surpasses anything else I have ever accomplished in my life. I'm sure you'll feel the same way as soon as you see that wonderful baby spring to life.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

ugh... what a rollercoaster....

I found out from a test by the mother (or not maybe?), a store bought test. So the following day (today) she went to planned parenthood and the test came up negative. She's going to get bloodwork done now at her moms work to see which one is right. Apparently her aunt had a kid once and planned parenthood gave her two negative tests, but I can't see how they could be that unreliable. I don't even know what to think anymore

ugh... what a rollercoaster....

I found out from a test by the mother (or not maybe?), a store bought test. So the following day (today) she went to planned parenthood and the test came up negative. She's going to get bloodwork done now at her moms work to see which one is right. Apparently her aunt had a kid once and planned parenthood gave her two negative tests, but I can't see how they could be that unreliable. I don't even know what to think anymore
    We had a similar case once.

Home test came up positive. Went to a doctor's office, test came out negative. We went to a wedding and got smashed. My wife took another home test 3-4 days later. Positive again. Went to doctor's office. Negative again. Finally, we had the blood drawn and it confirmed the positive tests. I know that rollercoaster. The history I've had with pregnancy tests is that the home tests are more reliable than tests given at doctor's offices (not sure if that's because the tests at doctor's offices sit there awhile and expire or what). Regardless, having blood drawn should put any questions to rest.

Good luck.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Just when I was thinking I was probably clear, you go and ruin it. Just kidding, but it's starting to sound like a 'professional' test isn't worth much at all...

Just when I was thinking I was probably clear, you go and ruin it. Just kidding, but it's starting to sound like a 'professional' test isn't worth much at all...
    Hey, it could go either way, the blood test will tell you for sure. I was just letting you know that based on my (small sample size) history with pregancy tests, the homes ones are usually more accurate. In my dealings with these things you always plan on the test being positive until you are 110% sure that it is not positive.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

On my first son, my wife was late, and took a home test. Negative
    Kept on being late, took another home test, Negative
    Started feeling light headed and was still late, blood test at Doctor's Office, Pregnant.

Hang in there. Right now you should be as supportive of her as possible. You and her are going to be going through a wide range of emotions. Don't start running around and doing handstands either way until she knows for sure. My wife and I got pregnant about 6 weeks after we were married, and it was unexpected. Life has a way of "breaking" through. My reaction to the first two tests was relief, and then when she told me the results of the blood test. The first words out of my mouth were "crap". I regret those words every day. My sons are the best parts of my life.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?