Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

Great stuff guys, thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Let's try and keep this thread focused on Team Selig and not on Planned Parenthood. If you want to discuss Planned Parenthood, that should be taken over to the Peanut Gallery.
    Mod boy :
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Mod boy :
    Give the boy some power and he acts like he's the big bad school marm.

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Chip, Zombie, paint, Reds2Life, ochre, macro, or Joseph - can you delete the previous two posts for me. :
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Thanks for all of the advice, i'm starting to feel a little better about the situation. I know its all going to work out, its just a big shock to me, and it still hasn't fully kicked in yet. It's so strange... I'm going to have a kid, but I still feel like one at the same time.
    Just think of all the cool toys you're going to get to play with! Oh and the kid too.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Has anyone else had any problems or know anyone who has with orthotricylenlo?

When the doctor was informed that she was on birth control, she asked what kind. Apparently it's really common for her to see pregnancy's with women that use this type of pill.

Kinda makes me mad if they gave her a pill that isn't very effective, or less than 99% effective like advertised.

You've got to double up. Protection for both her and you. That's the way I roll. I figure if she still gets pregnant after that, it's meant to be.

TS, I was 40 when I had my son, and even at that age, I thought I was too young. Really.

I don't know if anyone ever feels ready.

But the first time you hold that baby you'll realize you never really knew what unconditional love was until that moment.

You'll be fine.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Update: should get to hear the baby's heart beat on April 6th

I've made a complete turn around, and I'm very excited. I want that little thing to come out now

So far we have choose names

Boy: Carson Andrew... naming it after me (middle name = my first name)
    Girl: Addison Bailey

lol believe it or not, its not after Palmer, or Homer but it's really cool that it turned out that way

what do you guys think?

I've made a complete turn around, and I'm very excited. I want that little thing to come out now

lol believe it or not, its not after Palmer, or Homer but it's really cool that it turned out that way

what do you guys think?
    I think you should not use phrases like "I want that little thing to come out now" around the mom.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

what do you guys think?
    You'll never hear me comment on a name someone picks out. Whoever the parent of that child is should have the right to name them whatever they want and I have absolutely no authority to question them on it.

Hearing the heartbeat is an amazing thing. The first time I went through that was the first time it really hit home that I was going to be a Dad, the responsibilities I was going to have, etc. It also made me realize how much more I should appreciate my wife for doing what she was doing. I realized that having a baby develop inside you isn't an easy thing. Hearing the heartbeat is an amazing time in your life, though. You'll never forget it. We get to find out what sex our new arrival (our 3rd) is on March 30th. That's cool, too.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

how many months does that take (determining the sex)? I can't wait... also, is it normal to be terrified of a miscarriage? Every time the wife gets any cramps or anything I freak out, even though I know its normal. I think I will settle down after the 3 month time period (usually after that miscarriages don't happen as much from what I read anyway)

how many months does that take (determining the sex)? I can't wait... also, is it normal to be terrified of a miscarriage? Every time the wife gets any cramps or anything I freak out, even though I know its normal. I think I will settle down after the 3 month time period (usually after that miscarriages don't happen as much from what I read anyway)
    First question: They have you wait until week 16 (4 months) to do the ultrasound to determine the baby's sex.

Second: I think so. Well, I don't know for sure. I wasn't that worried about a miscarriage the first time through. After our first was born my wife had two miscarriages before our second was born, so I was concerned during that pregnancy obviously, and was just as concerned for this one. It is true that once you hit the 3 month mark the chances of a miscarriage goes way down. We recently celebrated making it past the 3 month mark. You really shouldn't "panic" or overly stress about a miscarriage, though. You need to remain calm so the Mom stays calm. It's in God's hands for the first three months.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

week 16 huh? seems forever away... we are on week 6 right now

IIRC, it's around 18-20 weeks when ultrasounds can determine the sex of a baby. Tests can show it earlier, but they are for specific conditions and not normally done.

I'm not sure terrified is the word I'd use, but high-level worry about a miscarriage is pretty routine. Babies don't come with any guarantees. Do everything you can that is under your control. Make sure mom follows all the doctors advice, eats a good diet, stays away from harmful things (smoking, alcohol, etc.), etc etc. Just take good care of her.

And for what it's worth, my wife and I specifically didn't want to know the sex of any of our 3 kids. There are few true surprises in the world and not knowing certainly did add to the drama of the moment of birth. But we were in the minority. Most couples want to know and that is fine.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?