Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Just found out tonight...

Re: Just found out tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    week 16 huh? seems forever away... we are on week 6 right now

My son is 19 now. It seems like just yesterday we were down at Christ Hospital.

Tempus sure does fugit. Cherish every moment, it goes fast.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah, it's hard to believe that we first went through that almost 9 years ago now. Geeez. That's just crazy.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

TS, did "Tubby" get ruled out early on?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    And for what it's worth, my wife and I specifically didn't want to know the sex of any of our 3 kids. There are few true surprises in the world and not knowing certainly did add to the drama of the moment of birth. But we were in the minority. Most couples want to know and that is fine.
    Thanks for that. I never quite understood why someone wouldn't want to know the sex of the child beforehand, but that would be a good enough explanation for me.

GL

haha yes but I almost settled on Rick Pitino Hartley for its full name

I don't think I could go the whole time without knowing if its a boy or girl... also, I'd like to buy stuff ahead of time so I won't have to buy it all at once

also, I'd like to buy stuff ahead of time so I won't have to buy it all at once
    That's kind of where we were at as well. I couldn't afford to buy a bunch of stuff at once. Sure, I could have bought unisex stuff each month, but how fun is that? I had a ball picking out boys baby clothes, onesies, etc after we found out.

Also I made sure the nursery was totally finished 1 month before my wife's due date. That seemed to settle her in the last couple weeks. If that room hadn't been completely done before she left for the hospital, I'm not sure we'd even still be married.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Has anyone else had any problems or know anyone who has with orthotricylenlo?

When the doctor was informed that she was on birth control, she asked what kind. Apparently it's really common for her to see pregnancy's with women that use this type of pill.

Kinda makes me mad if they gave her a pill that isn't very effective, or less than 99% effective like advertised.

I use that same pill. That particular pill is a low hormone pill that is very popular, and presribed very often. Low hormone pills tend to have fewer side effects and less long term risks (such as strokes, heart issues, etc) and have proven to be as effective as the older higher dose pills. However, no birth control pill is 100% effective. It is very important that the patient take it every day at roughly the same time of the day. I'm not trying to imply that your girlfriend did not use it correctly....just stating that the effectiveness goes way down if it is not taken every single day and at a consistent time frame. Also, certain other drugs may make birth control pills less effective (some antibiotics for instance). A doctor will usually recommend a back-up method for the month following antibiotic use. Plus, sometimes, things just happen for no explainable reason. I gave birth to a beautiful little girl 9 months ago and I know that you will love your baby with all your heart. Believe me, you'll be desperately in love with him/her before you even realize it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    And for what it's worth, my wife and I specifically didn't want to know the sex of any of our 3 kids. There are few true surprises in the world and not knowing certainly did add to the drama of the moment of birth. But we were in the minority. Most couples want to know and that is fine.
    We didn't want to know either for exactly the same reasons.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

also, is it normal to be terrified of a miscarriage?
    Having a kid makes you terrified a lot of the time, but you'll mellow out eventually.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Having a kid makes you terrified a lot of the time, but you'll mellow out eventually.
    Ain't that the truth. When the door slams the first day back from the hospital ... whooo boy.

how many months does that take (determining the sex)? I can't wait... also, is it normal to be terrified of a miscarriage? Every time the wife gets any cramps or anything I freak out, even though I know its normal. I think I will settle down after the 3 month time period (usually after that miscarriages don't happen as much from what I read anyway)
    Yes, it's normal to worry about everything. I wasn't really prepared for this when we had our son.

It's an emotional roller coaster. One minute, you're thrilled. The next minute, a nurse tells you your baby is losing weight, or has a heart murmur, or is coughing excessively, and suddenly is seems like your world is crashing down.

The other tip I can give you is that the birth process doesn't end when the baby is born. After the kid comes out, you've got at least 4-6 more hours of activity, and that can be fairly stressful when all you want to do is relax and hold the baby.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'd recommend taking some sort of birthing class if for no other reason it gives you some idea of what to expect. Normally I'd poo-poo those types of things but the wife insisted we go (don't argue with a pregnant lady). I am glad we went because I wouldn't have been prepared to deal with the whole sha-bang.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    poo-poo

GL
    And that's reason enough to learn a little bit about the birthing process. Cause it might just happen....
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    And that's reason enough to learn a little bit about the birthing process. Cause it might just happen....
    They didn't tell me that in the birthing class. I had to find out for myself. Not the best surprise.

I think the birthing class is a necessity. My sister and her husband decided to skip it. Then, when she went to the hospital to have her first, she and her husband were clueless and kept freaking out about everything. Finally my wife showed up and was able to step in as "birth coach" and calm them down.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

My wife totally freaked out when we got home because our house "wasn't as clean as the hospital."

I cooked for the first couple weeks, so the food was on par.
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?