Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Hamilton

Re: Josh Hamilton

I'm not sure the Rays would want Deno honestly. They have quite a few outfielders already. I'm not sure who the Reds could offer to keep Hamilton.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I'm not sure the Rays would want Deno honestly. They have quite a few outfielders already. I'm not sure who the Reds could offer to keep Hamilton.
    CASTRO

If they don't have room for Deno, they don't have room for Hamilton either. Deno would be a good 4th OF for the Rays.

This is where the Rays org should step up a little. There is too much baggage for Hamilton to go back to them, too many memories. He needs a fresh start.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    If they don't have room for Deno, they don't have room for Hamilton either. Deno would be a good 4th OF for the Rays.

This is where the Rays org should step up a little. There is too much baggage for Hamilton to go back to them, too many memories. He needs a fresh start.
    As enjoyable as the Rays being charitable and moral with Josh Hamilton may be, baseball is first and foremost a business. I doubt sentiment will come into play when any big decisions are to be made with Hamilton.

Sounds like a great story to me. If i pans out we could have one heck of a deal ! BTW what is MLB's policy when it comes to Tattoo's. As you might know already he has plenty of them. Does he have to wear long sleeves when he is playing? If soo geez..

Felipe was fine with them showing, althought most of the time he hid them on his own account.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

You guys probably dont have to worry about losing him to the Yankees with all them tat's.

idk about hamilton. i read an article about him in SI a couple of years ago and it talked about his personality and his drug problems. he was a great player to start with, but idk if hes good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    He's got a lot of question marks. Being out of the game for so long being #1. I can't see someone doing well in the majors without spending a couple hundred at-bats at least in the minors first. I hope Josh is OK with that and doesn't expect to be handed a job just because he has a good Spring. There's established guys ahead of him that have paid their dues.
    I can't see inside Kriv and Narron's minds (that would be kind of scary anyway), but I suppose there is precedent in our organization for keeping a 25th man who doesn't have much minor league experience (see Pena, Wily Mo). I would say that it is very likely Josh will make the team... especially if he proves he can play a good defensive outfield. From what I've heard, he's got a cannon for an arm. If he can hit a little bit he should be good to go.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I can't see inside Kriv and Narron's minds (that would be kind of scary anyway), but I suppose there is precedent in our organization for keeping a 25th man who doesn't have much minor league experience (see Pena, Wily Mo). I would say that it is very likely Josh will make the team... especially if he proves he can play a good defensive outfield. From what I've heard, he's got a cannon for an arm. If he can hit a little bit he should be good to go.
    Quite frankly, I don't think you can consider something that Jim Bowden did (keeping Wily Mo around) is precedent for today's Reds organization.

That said, unless his raw talent is gone, Hamilton is 25th man on roster, at least for the first couple of months. If we were seriously in a pennant race come June and Hamilton is giving us absolutely nothing, then I could see dropping him. But not out of spring training. Not if the talent is still there.

Turn Off Ads?