Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25

Thread: Josh Hamilton

  1. #16
    Let's ride BRM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado's eastern plains
    Posts
    11,232

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    I'm not sure the Rays would want Deno honestly. They have quite a few outfielders already. I'm not sure who the Reds could offer to keep Hamilton.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    771

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I'm not sure the Rays would want Deno honestly. They have quite a few outfielders already. I'm not sure who the Reds could offer to keep Hamilton.
    CASTRO

  4. #18
    Vavasor TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    13,281

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    If they don't have room for Deno, they don't have room for Hamilton either. Deno would be a good 4th OF for the Rays.

    This is where the Rays org should step up a little. There is too much baggage for Hamilton to go back to them, too many memories. He needs a fresh start.
    Suck it up cupcake.

  5. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    275

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    If they don't have room for Deno, they don't have room for Hamilton either. Deno would be a good 4th OF for the Rays.

    This is where the Rays org should step up a little. There is too much baggage for Hamilton to go back to them, too many memories. He needs a fresh start.
    As enjoyable as the Rays being charitable and moral with Josh Hamilton may be, baseball is first and foremost a business. I doubt sentiment will come into play when any big decisions are to be made with Hamilton.

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    174

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Sounds like a great story to me. If i pans out we could have one heck of a deal ! BTW what is MLB's policy when it comes to Tattoo's. As you might know already he has plenty of them. Does he have to wear long sleeves when he is playing? If soo geez..




  7. #21
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Felipe was fine with them showing, althought most of the time he hid them on his own account.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  8. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    39

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    You guys probably dont have to worry about losing him to the Yankees with all them tat's.

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    64

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    idk about hamilton. i read an article about him in SI a couple of years ago and it talked about his personality and his drug problems. he was a great player to start with, but idk if hes good enough

  10. #24
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,941

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Davis View Post
    He's got a lot of question marks. Being out of the game for so long being #1. I can't see someone doing well in the majors without spending a couple hundred at-bats at least in the minors first. I hope Josh is OK with that and doesn't expect to be handed a job just because he has a good Spring. There's established guys ahead of him that have paid their dues.
    I can't see inside Kriv and Narron's minds (that would be kind of scary anyway), but I suppose there is precedent in our organization for keeping a 25th man who doesn't have much minor league experience (see Pena, Wily Mo). I would say that it is very likely Josh will make the team... especially if he proves he can play a good defensive outfield. From what I've heard, he's got a cannon for an arm. If he can hit a little bit he should be good to go.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    3,755

    Re: Josh Hamilton

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I can't see inside Kriv and Narron's minds (that would be kind of scary anyway), but I suppose there is precedent in our organization for keeping a 25th man who doesn't have much minor league experience (see Pena, Wily Mo). I would say that it is very likely Josh will make the team... especially if he proves he can play a good defensive outfield. From what I've heard, he's got a cannon for an arm. If he can hit a little bit he should be good to go.
    Quite frankly, I don't think you can consider something that Jim Bowden did (keeping Wily Mo around) is precedent for today's Reds organization.

    That said, unless his raw talent is gone, Hamilton is 25th man on roster, at least for the first couple of months. If we were seriously in a pennant race come June and Hamilton is giving us absolutely nothing, then I could see dropping him. But not out of spring training. Not if the talent is still there.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25