Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would you marry the same person again?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

40 76.92%
  • No

12 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you marry...

Re: Would you marry...

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've been married twice. I was amazed during my first marriage at how wrong I got it. For the past 10+ years I've been amazed at how right I got it. Marrying my wife is the best decision I've ever made and I sincerely doubt that anything in the future will come close to topping it.
    My brother in law is on his third marriage. His current wife is about ten years younger than him. He has one daughter from his second marriage and two from this one. I commented to my wife (his sister) that he's so happy and they're so compatible, he just wishes they could have met earlier and married. He then pauses and says, "But wait, she would have been in elementary school." Yikes!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    For the record, yes, I would marry my wife again. But to be perfectly honest, I've met other women since our marriage whom I know I would be quite happy marrying as well. I'm not afraid to admit that.

I agree with this sentiment entirely, and think the whole soul mate thing is a lot of b.s.

Marriage is a lot of work, even if you have a compatible partner, which I do.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Marriage is a lot of work, even if you have a compatible partner, which I do.
    That's the key. There are too many people out there, it seems to me, looking for perfection in a mate. It's like the cast of Seinfeld.

I won't change a thing, even if I could.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'd do it again, heck yeah.
    I'm not lying when I say I think I'm probably the luckiest guy in the world. I married up. Way up. Intellectually...up. Genetically...up. All around, up.
    So up, I can see my house from here up.

And my marriage is not a lot of work. We haven't had an argument in years. Raising the kids is work, but being married is a breeze for me.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    We haven't had an argument in years. Raising the kids is work, but being married is a breeze for me.
    We haven't had an argument in hours.
    Stick to your guns.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Definitely yes. She puts up with a lot of my quirks, is a good cook, is pretty good at things that can't be mentioned on a family board, and doesn't talk to me during 24.

Almost four years in and I'd definitely say yes. It'd be hard to imagine my life without her, and I really don't want to.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by creek14 View Post
    your spouse again?
    Yes I would.

Would she marry me again is where it gets kinda iffy.

If I was God I couldn't make a better a better wife for myself.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 02-27-2007 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    You sure the yes and no responses aren't the other way around. When I got in to work this morning it was 70% yes and 30% no. So unless they took a major swing in the other direction, I think the majority said yes. Regardless, 30% is a fairly high number.
    Yeah, cause they were talking about how sad it was that so many people were unhappy.

But I get to work early. Way too early. So they had over a couple hours of show left when I was listening.

I have to leave for work now, but I'll give my answer tonight.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I'm not lying when I say I think I'm probably the luckiest guy in the world. I married up. Way up. Intellectually...up. Genetically...up. All around, up.
    So up, I can see my house from here up.

And my marriage is not a lot of work. We haven't had an argument in years. Raising the kids is work, but being married is a breeze for me.
    Hey, I have to apologize for this post- I'm pretty sure my wife was using the laptop last night.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

In a heart beat.

We've had our share of disagreements over our decade together.

But we've had a ton of laughs together. The kind of laughs that I can't imagine having with anyone else.

And my marriage is not a lot of work.
    Mine either. I'm not even sure what it is that you're supposed to be working at.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Of course, I'd marry her again.

Dont want to mess with the time-space continuum.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

My knee-jerk reaction to this question was shock that anyone would ask such a silly question. I mean, I couldn't imagine my life without my wife ... we truly were made for each other. She does things that bring a smile to my lips on a daily basis that are just part of her nature ... she doesn't do it to please me, it is the way she is. The reverse is also true, I can make her smile and laugh effortlessly ... things that I do which would irritate most people, she loves. And loves me for it. Sure, we disagree on what to spend our money on, or whether to even spend it, and many other relativley meaningless things, but the moments of pure joy we've had together would be unimaginable without her by my side.
    Then I remembered that she is my second wife. So really, my answer would be no AND yes. The funny part is that I think I needed the experience of the first marriage to show me what NOT to do...so my answer would be Maybe and YES!
    How's that for a definitive conclusion?

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Mine either. I'm not even sure what it is that you're supposed to be working at.

Not killing each other?
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?