Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, Antonella!!! COuld She Be Off Idol?

Re: Oh, Antonella!!! COuld She Be Off Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    If Sanjaya is still there after tonight, it will be proof that he has the little old lady vote wrappedup.

It will also be evidence of there not being a just God. That kid is terrible, terrible, terrible.
    The tweeners love him.

He's this year's Kevin Covais.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Could it be that the whole country of India is voting for him like crazy?
    Either that or the entire gay community.

Honestly, if he's there after tonight, I'm not sure if I'll keep watching.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

There's always someone who inexplicably hangs in there for awhile. It's not a big deal to me in which order the also-rans get run, as long as they're not knocking off any of the real contenders.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

There's always someone who inexplicably hangs in there for awhile. It's not a big deal to me in which order the also-rans get run, as long as they're not knocking off any of the real contenders.
    I'm being dramatic, of course, but geesh, that was awful.

hat gets a little old is hearing Simon blab on about how it's a singing competition when they put through people solely on their looks. Antonella forgot the words to her song, can't sing, but she gets on because she's hot. There were several females who sang better who should be there.

Antonella forgot the words to her song, can't sing, but she gets on because she's hot.

What's your point?

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I wonder what Simon will do if the one heavy-set black lady (lakisha?) who sings wicked good, starts to lead the pack. I know he's praised her pipes, but he's also had problems with people not 'looking' like a pop-star in the past.

Also, during the try-outs they had a black woman get turned down, but the judges brought her back for a 2nd try and decided to let her go to Hollywood. She was making some really weird faces. What happened to her? Did she get booted during Hollywood week?

Either that or the entire gay community.

not the entire community dom, i can assure you

Well, Alania just got sent home. What a mess. She spent most of her goodbye song hugging the other contestants. No real supise there. Althought I didn't see the women sing this past week, I didn't peg her to be around very long.

I just got back to the hotel room to find out that Nic Pedro got sent packing. Frankly, not much to say about that.

Geesh, even Sanjaya can't believe he's staying.

He was so bad, and will continue to be, that this is going to be painful to watch.

Prediction: They will bring up Antonella and the actual girl who's going home and send her packing.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

wow - Sanjaya was just flat out awful two weeks straight and he's staying. Both my wife and I thought AJ was one of the better singers two weeks running.

Not exactly a "singing" competition is it?

The problem with AJ and the other guy that got sent home tonight was that, voices aside, they were just too ordinary. They simply look like too many other people, so that makes them forgettable. Yes, Sundance and others can sing, but they're also unique.

It is sad that Antonella stays, but surely her nights are numbered. The two women who went home were no surprises. The redhead (man, I'm having trouble remembering names tonight) was unique, but perhaps a bit too unique. I think she made people watching uncomfortable.

Simon can remind us all that this is a "singing competition" all he wants, but what this is, first and foremost, is a television show. The people chosen for Hollywood and for the final 24 are chosen based on who will make for good television. Then, when it's turned over to the public and their phone calls, it's about making an impression. The two guys who got sent home tonight are better singers than some who remain, but they just didn't leave an impression.

And I can't believe no one has commented on Kellie Pickler! What was the deal with the...um...enhancements? Her chest looked like plastic. Oh, and a year later, she still can't sing and she's still really annoying. Did half a million people really buy her CD?

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    And I can't believe no one has commented on Kellie Pickler! What was the deal with the...um...enhancements? Her chest looked like plastic. Oh, and a year later, she still can't sing and she's still really annoying. Did half a million people really buy her CD?
    Can't sing? Check.

Annoying? Check.

Hot? Check.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

She spent her money wisely. Even Ryan hinted at her *ahem* new purchases.

All in all, though, I'm a bit disappointed in this year's class.

Yeah, the second Kellie came out on stage my wife commented that they were OBVIOUSLY fake. I don't think I've ever seen a boob job more obiousl than that one, Pam Anderson aside. If you're going to get them, you could at least be a little subtle. She was basically shouting from the rooftops that he had implants. Not the smartest move int he world given her genre. But I don't think anyone is ever going to accuse Kelli of being all that smart to begin with.

There goes that "aw shucks" little innocent country girl image. By next year's show people will be asking who the heck Kelli Pickler is.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Yeah, my wife and I agreed that her new look does not fit her personality. It's incongruous.

But she did look good.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Turn Off Ads?