Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, Antonella!!! COuld She Be Off Idol?

Re: Oh, Antonella!!! COuld She Be Off Idol?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Coming Soon to a Playboy Magazine near you.
    My money's on Hustler.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    My money's on Hustler.
    She could also be "straight to video" if you know what I mean.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    This makes no sense to me. Is this a singing contest or a sainthood contest? Why should people have to constantly pay for the things they've done in the past? Couldn't an "American Idol" be someone who has overcome scandal and conflict in their life?
    I guess I agree with your take, sava. I'd probably just let her go on. The idea is that the viewers decide, right? America will vote her off this week anyway.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    This makes no sense to me. Is this a singing contest or a sainthood contest? Why should people have to constantly pay for the things they've done in the past? Couldn't an "American Idol" be someone who has overcome scandal and conflict in their life?
    It's Fox's show and they can do whatever they like with it. This show has large family (children and teens) audience and they've maintained a squeaky clean Disney-esque image. Fox knows they have a gold mine with AI and wants to keep it that way.

There are plenty of other shows where the real world intrudes more if that is one's tastes. The majority of shows on TV actually.

I can't recall the specifics, but others have gotten summarily booted off the show for similar photo hijinks and pot busts.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    It's Fox's show and they can do whatever they like with it. This show has large family (children and teens) audience and they've maintained a squeaky clean Disney-esque image. Fox knows they have a gold mine with AI and wants to keep it that way.
    I completely disagree with that statement. The things contestants wear (or don't wear), the lyrics of their songs, contestants at auditions cussing at the camera and flipping people off, and innuendo from the personalities, IMO, are hardly sqeaky clean. Sometimes I cringe when I'm watching it with my kids. Just sayin'.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The things contestants wear (or don't wear), the lyrics of their songs, contestants at auditions cussing at the camera and flipping people off, and innuendo from the personalities, IMO, are hardly sqeaky clean. Sometimes I cringe when I'm watching it with my kids. Just sayin'.
    You make an interesting point, Max.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    I completely disagree with that statement. The things contestants wear (or don't wear), the lyrics of their songs, contestants at auditions cussing at the camera and flipping people off, and innuendo from the personalities, IMO, are hardly sqeaky clean. Sometimes I cringe when I'm watching it with my kids. Just sayin'.
    (just saw this)

Yeah, there is a lot of truth to what you say. I got a little carried away. But it is almost like AI is 2 separate shows.

The early parts of the show are fairly raunchy with all the bizarro contestants they run through. Lots of flipping off, bleeped out dialogue, strange costumes, and some really ambiguously-sexed people. Weird stuff and I'll agree that a lot of it isn't little kid stuff.

But once they decide on the final 24, it gets a lot better. Still some suggestive singing and dancing, but relatively tame stuff. Maybe not squeaky clean but clean for modern-day TV.

For this season, the split seems more pronounced. The early shows were almost complete oddball contestants with just a few normal people sprinkled in. For the final 24, I can hardly remember any of them being on before the Hollywood shows. And the Hollywood shows seemed abbreviated as well. The final 24 kind of came out of nowhere really.

Pay attention to the open sky

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

The pictures are a hoax. There is proof, just use google.

Edit: At least the ones that would be in an adult magazine are.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    The pictures are a hoax. There is proof, just use google.

Edit: At least the ones that would be in an adult magazine are.
    Yeah, you could tell that those were phony, there's really no question about that.

But the ones in the WWII Memorial are most certainly her.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

I think she'll be gone anyway...she was awful tonight. Just awful.

Looks like it's gonna be a two-horse race between Melinda and LaKisha.

I told my wife that Melinda and Lakisha should be on seperate nights from the other contestants. They are very tough acts to follow. Melinda gave me chills tonight and I would rate her performance as one of the best I have heard on the show.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

If Sanjaya is still there after tonight, it will be proof that he has the little old lady vote wrappedup.

It will also be evidence of there not being a just God. That kid is terrible, terrible, terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    If Sanjaya is still there after tonight, it will be proof that he has the little old lady vote wrappedup.

It will also be evidence of there not being a just God. That kid is terrible, terrible, terrible.
    Could it be that the whole country of India is voting for him like crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

According to DialIdol he's second in voting. Could be a couple of surprises tonight if this is true.

http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

Our family watches Idol religiously. We have a great time watching it together. After each show, we each get one vote so we have some dialogue about who each of us is voting for.

Last night we voted for:

Me: Melinda
    Wife: Jordin
    11-year old daughter: Stephanie
    8-year-old daughter: Alaina
    4-year-old son: did not vote

Interestingly, none of us agreed.

Turn Off Ads?