Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rate my yahoo fantasy team

redsgabp

Rate my yahoo fantasy team

the league is full and has 12 teams in it.

I went strong on piching, so i will list my pitching first.

SP Roy Oswalt
    SP Roy Halladay
    RP Francisco Rodríguez
    RP Huston Street
    P Aaron Harang
    P Eric Gagne
    P Bobby Jenks
    BN Jake Westbrook

C Michael Barrett
    1B Albert Pujols
    2B Brandon Phillips
    3B Freddy Sánchez 2b 3b ss
    SS Felipe López
    OF Pat Burrell
    OF Ryan Freel 2b 3b of
    OF Willy Taveras
    Util Brad Hawpe
    BN Coco Crisp
    BN Edwin Encarnación
    BN Paul Lo Duca
    BN Orlando Hudson

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Rate my yahoo fantasy team

That offense needs some work. I'd be a waiver wire junkie.

Absolutely love the pitching staff, though. Awesome.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray
    I'd say min wage should be about $9/hr - Sea Ray

Yeah great pitching but the offense is really weak.

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Yeah great pitching but the offense is really weak.
    i should get most if not all of the pitching stats every week.

i have a few speedy guys in the line-up so i should have the stolen bases too.

but i will need albert to carry a hot stick.

Good overall team. Hopefully Poo-holes can carry your offensive load. I think EdE will have a good year though. You should get alot of steals, maybe later on in the season you will be able to swap a good base stealer for a better offensive player to someone desperate for SBs.

My feeling is that Pujols isn't going to be enough. Seriously- I would keep Phillips and a few others and then hit the waiver wire.

What you have there isn't going to get it done. You should win steals, but that's about it. Maybe runs as well.

But geesh, that staff rocks.

My philosphy is a little different, so I hope I'm not sounding too harsh.

I go with a huge offense because it is the most predictable.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 02-27-2007 at 12:53 PM.
    I'm interested in jobs and you won't create jobs by forcing employers to pay their employees $9/hr- Sea Ray

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    My feeling is that Pujols isn't going to be enough. Seriously- I would keep Phillips and a few others and then hit the waiver wire.

What you have there isn't going to get it done. You should win steals, but that's about it. Maybe runs as well.

But geesh, that staff rocks.

My philosphy is a little different, so I hope I'm not sounding too harsh.

I go with a huge offense because it is the most predictable.
    your thought's are always welcome.

last year i went with a more offensive team and got burnt.

if my pitching takes most (if not all pitching stats) and i should always get the stolen bases as well. i might get lucky and get most of the runs as well.

so hopefully i will be ok.
    ----------------------

i think i'm starting to get better at these fantasy games.
    in football this year i won the championship in 3 out of the 4 leagues.

i think i will try to have 2 offensive and 2 pitchers first teams this year in baseball and see where that gets me.

Keep your eyes on waiver wires for Guys like Jeff Baker of the Rox's and Adam lind of the jays they both produced high numbers in limited time down the stretch. They could end up being over the hump killer guys plus the Scott kid that I know DOM would;d sleep with due to his performance at seasons end for the stro's. You do know I am kiddin right Dom but you thought about it
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

They could end up being over the hump killer guys plus the Scott kid that I know DOM would;d sleep with due to his performance at seasons end for the stro's. You do know I am kiddin right Dom but you thought about it
    Yes, I have a man crush on Luke Scott, and I actually did make a statement that I would have his children, which I do believe we could then infer that I would sleep with the man. Unless I was talking about artificially becoming impregnated, which I think someone could make a strong case I wasn't.

I'm not sure if I'll draft Scott this year. There was talk that he could split time. I want to say he was a 28 year old rookie or at least a late bloomer, so it's a gamble, but it's hard to argue with what he did for a half season or thereabouts.

In all seriousness, Luke Scott should be a lesson to all fantasy owners that sometimes you have to dump your great players and play people who are hot.

My team was in first place the entire year, but I was losing steam fast. I dropped close to my entire starting lineup in the playoffs and picked up guys like Scott, Marlon Anderson, Esteban German, Moises Alou, Bonds, Corey Hart, Ramon Hernandez (not a scrub but he was on our waiver wire).....

And won the whole darned thing with that group of idiots that just happened to be hitting the ball during our playoffs.

Turn Off Ads?