Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Zack Greinke?

Royals manager Buddy Bell said he doesn't see his team carrying Zack Greinke or Brian Bannister as relievers if they don't win rotation spots.

That's pretty much what was suspected. There's only likely to be room for one of the two in the rotation, and Bannister should be viewed as the favorite going in. In order for both to make it, Jorge De La Rosa would have to struggle this spring.
    From Rotoworld.com

Once thought of as a must have prospect and future ace has litterally fell off the planet and looks to be headed to AAA to start the year. I think this might be a decent gamble for Krivsky. Send Milton and Belisle/prospect to KC for him. Grienke is still young and definatly has upside. There rotation looks like Meche, Perez, Elerton, Hudson, & De La Rosa/Bannister. Some of the non-roster invitees that may have a chance could be Duckworth, Day, or Brazelton.

Now I believe the Reds have yet to recieve anything in return for LaRue and Cash that was sent to the Royals at the start of the off-season. Maybe we could use that as well to obtain Grienke. This could be one of those small risks.. high rewards deals that Krivsky seems to make.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zack Greinke?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    From Rotoworld.com

Once thought of as a must have prospect and future ace has litterally fell off the planet and looks to be headed to AAA to start the year. I think this might be a decent gamble for Krivsky. Send Milton and Belisle/prospect to KC for him. Grienke is still young and definatly has upside. There rotation looks like Meche, Perez, Elerton, Hudson, & De La Rosa/Bannister. Some of the non-roster invitees that may have a chance could be Duckworth, Day, or Brazelton.

Now I believe the Reds have yet to recieve anything in return for LaRue and Cash that was sent to the Royals at the start of the off-season. Maybe we could use that as well to obtain Grienke. This could be one of those small risks.. high rewards deals that Krivsky seems to make.
    If he can't beat out Luke Hudson, I'll pass. No way in heck the Royals want Milton when they already have one too may rotation pitchers.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

From Rotoworld.com

23 year old former ROY. I would love to see us take a shot on him

http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/greinza01.shtml

link to his stats

I dunno if the Royals would let him go, but he seems like a young guy who could use a fresh start and if he can put his psychological issues behind him, his stuff is electric.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I dunno if the Royals would let him go, but he seems like a young guy who could use a fresh start and if he can put his psychological issues behind him, his stuff is electric.
    I talked to a scout last summer who also felt Greinke needed a fresh start someplace. He was sent down last summer with the belief by many that he would be recalled. He pitched pretty well but never got the call.

I saw him pitch a gem against the Angels' double A team in July. He was throwing a two seamer, a four seamer, and a change for strikes, and his big curve was really impressive.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

why would the Royals let him go with his value so low?

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Because they are the Royals?

Honestly, I don't see them trading him right now either.

I think he has Kyle Lohse disease. We already have one.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

What is the time limit (if there is any) for getting the PTBNL?

Grienke sounds intriguing for sure....

H/9=8.18 BB/9=2.30 SO/9=8.01 WHIP=1.16 at double A.

Is his value low or are there other issues? Maybe the Royals realize they rushed him and screwed up his confidence. Maybe the Royals don't know what to do with him. I would guess he is now just a talented prospect who will be nurtured with kid gloves, similar to Homer Bailey. Rick Ankiel has to be on people's minds. He has a talented arm, but his mind is a question mark.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Geez....something must be in the water there in Kansas City....Greinke from what I remember had all the talent in the world and now what has happened to him, well it appears that his career may be started before it began. Now also with Greinke you have Brian Bannister...and then there would be the two fellas before him which would be: Jimmy Gobble and Jeremy Affeldt and Runelvys Herenandez....I mean, from the best of my recollection, they were all highly touted Starters with their ceilings doing nothing but going through the roof and weren't the Royals supposed to build around these fellas, I mean imagine if all of these guys lived up to potentional??? I know that's another HUGE, ENORMOUS, BIG IF....But still, that could seriously be the starting 5 for the Royals for a good 15 years to come and they could seriously run the AL in a few years if they all meshed together.....Seriously, that starting five would be ridiculously good!!!!!!

Grienke has a social anxiety disorder. He has been fighting through this.

http://www.royalmania.com/forum/view...id=184&pid=936
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Grienke has a social anxiety disorder. He has been fighting through this.

http://www.royalmania.com/forum/view...id=184&pid=936

He had to basically sit out a complete season because of this, didn't he? I thought he had that basically beat????

Would be a major coup for Krivsky if he could swing a deal for Greinke.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    He had to basically sit out a complete season because of this, didn't he? I thought he had that basically beat????
    People with that really never have it beat, it's something that you deal with well and then not so well at times.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?