Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Black Donnelly's

Re: The Black Donnelly's

Gee, a mob show. You can't get much more out of the box than that.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Another strong show for The Black Donnelly's tonight. I really like the storyline this show is following. The plot is moving along effortlessly and it also leaves almost every possible option open for the show to make a turn.

I really like "Joey Ice Cream." He cracks me up.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Crap, I was hoping this show would get panned.

GL

/off to set the DVR for Thursday ...
    The Mrs. and I liked the pilot so we have this on our DVR schedule. Probably watch #2 tonight.

This will be a good pickup in place of Heros for a few weeks.

GL

Another great episode last night.

Joey "Ice Cream" is hilarious.

"Did you pay for that beer?"

"Probably."

Loved it. Still get a little confused on who is who.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Not a bad show, but bring back Studio 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs82 View Post
    Not a bad show, but bring back Studio 60.
    With the ratings both are getting I doubt either will get another year.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    With the ratings both are getting I doubt either will get another year.
    If the Black Donnelly's get the axe, there's a problem. There is no way this show should get the axe. It is wonderfully written, the characters are interesting, and the plot isn't too hard to follow.

If anything, the show should be picked up for an entire season and moved to a different time slot. Because of the graphic violence in the show, it should be kept in the 10-11 slot, I believe, but I'd much rather see it following Earl and The Office on Thursday nights instead of following Heroes on Mondays.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

They shouldn't put up against CSI. It will never have great ratings in that spot.

Also, there is a bonus episode available at NBC.com it follows in line after episode 2, but before 3. I watched it yesterday and highly recommend it.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

I continue to absolutely love this series, but the ratings aren't doing too well at all for whatever reason. CSI-Miami is just owning that 10pm Monday night slot. Not good news for fans of this show as there is a good chance this show will get pulled from the network.

That sucks.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I continue to absolutely love this series, but the ratings aren't doing too well at all for whatever reason. CSI-Miami is just owning that 10pm Monday night slot. Not good news for fans of this show as there is a good chance this show will get pulled from the network.

That sucks.
    I finally watched it last night, I thought it was great. I've been telling people to watch it and most of them have told me they love it, I just don't see it doing anything against CSI.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Supreme Jar Opener

I found it too boring... And I like crime drama... you want good crime drama... you only have two decent options... CSI (Vegas) and The Wire...

Also canceled. NBC just canceled the two of the three shows I watch on their network.

The last two episodes of The Black Donnellys will be shown online only. NBC said they would consider bringing it back if enough people watch the online episodes. The show is also being considered at FX, USA and HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Also canceled. NBC just canceled the two of the three shows I watch on their network.

The last two episodes of The Black Donnellys will be shown online only. NBC said they would consider bringing it back if enough people watch the online episodes. The show is also being considered at FX, USA and HBO.
    I hope HBO picks it up for the fall. It would make a nice replacement for the Sopranos and I believe the Black Donnellys would thrive on HBO where they wouldn't have to worry about the amount of violence, language, etc. as on network television.

Regardless, I hope someone picks it up. It's too good of a show not to get coverage somewhere. Good writing, good cast, good story.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    I hope HBO picks it up for the fall. It would make a nice replacement for the Sopranos and I believe the Black Donnellys would thrive on HBO where they wouldn't have to worry about the amount of violence, language, etc. as on network television.

Regardless, I hope someone picks it up. It's too good of a show not to get coverage somewhere. Good writing, good cast, good story.
    I think if Paul Haggis stays attached to it then it will get picked up. And I agree it would be great on HBO.

Turn Off Ads?