Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody ever heard of these bands?

On the brink of disaster

Re: Anybody ever heard of these bands?

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    I think it's an interesting combo, but one I'm not going to go see.

Not sure if you already know this, but Mae will be playing at the Mad Hatter in Covington on March 28. They're headlining, and will be with The Hush Sound, Sherwood and The New Atlantic. (Probably a local band or two as well, that usually happens at that venue.)
    Yeah, I knew they were there soon, but I didn't know exactly when. As of right now i just plan on catching them when they are in columbus with the fray. Again, I can't believe they signed with capitol, like paint said, it will be interesting to see how they change if they do at all. I'm also looking forward to Anberlin being at bogarts in april. I wish the Reds could get Mae to do a show after a home game. That would be the best combo ever!

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is just my opinion, but I'm not impressed by Mae--I think they don't really stand out from the other bands in their respective genre. As for The Fray, they're a decent pop band, but I don't really get excited over them either--I'd rather listen to Jimmy Eat World and Coldplay.

I demand that this thread be closed for no reason other than that it's making me feel old.

Seriously, what is a "tooth and nail" band?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    I demand that this thread be closed for no reason other than that it's making me feel old.

Seriously, what is a "tooth and nail" band?
    Tooth and Nail is a record label.

http://www.toothandnail.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    Tooth and Nail is a record label.

http://www.toothandnail.com/
    Thanks.

You know, back in the day I thought I was hot stuff for being familiar with WaxTrax, Dischord, and Sub Pop...

Did I just say 'back in the day?!" Cripes!

Did I just say "Cripes?!" Quickly, someone hit me up with some of that newfangled internet slang...

Lord help me, I just said "newfangled."

I should be looking for my AARP membership papers in the mail any day now, I suppose.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    Thanks.

You know, back in the day I thought I was hot stuff for being familiar with WaxTrax, Dischord, and Sub Pop...

Did I just say 'back in the day?!" Cripes!

Did I just say "Cripes?!" Quickly, someone hit me up with some of that newfangled internet slang...

Lord help me, I just said "newfangled."

I should be looking for my AARP membership papers in the mail any day now, I suppose.
    Don't worry zombie, we still think you are cool. Just give us a week and we'll have you back up to date on all the "newfangled internet slang". Ok, first we need you to forget everything you know about grammar and shorten every word or phrase to around 3 characters. plz, g2g, gr8. you see where I am going. The wonderful thing about the internet is you can mask your age for the most part, but you've just got to drop thinks like "newfangled" and "cripes"...well, you can keep cripes if you are australian. Ok, now comes the most important part. You have to stop capitalizing and using correct punctuation. Kinda like captianmorgan. Ok, that's enough for today. I hope your head didn't explode.

anyone here speak FLYLEAF? http://www.purevolume.com/flyleaf I'm really diggin' them right now.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    anyone here speak FLYLEAF? http://www.purevolume.com/flyleaf I'm really diggin' them right now.
    I love Flyleaf! Lacey's vocals are great, IMO. They're actually one of the few female-fronted rock bands I listen too. And they're fantastic live, though a tad preachy.

Turn Off Ads?