Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody ever heard of these bands?

On the brink of disaster

Anybody ever heard of these bands?

Ok, so I found out that my two favorite bands are lauching a tour together this summer. In my opinion these are bands everybody must hear at some point in their lives. One is well known, The Fray. The other one is not quite as well know but is picking up quite a following. That band is Mae. You absolutely must hear them, I have met few people who did not like them after they heard them. Go to http://www.purevolume.com/mae. The first two are just special tracks, but in my opinion not the best representation. I challenge you to listen to their infectious style. Be careful, you may become addicted.
    Last edited by acredsfan; 02-27-2007 at 11:44 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anybody ever hear of these bands?

Fray and Mae?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

On the brink of disaster

Yes, The Fray and Mae

Yep, been listening to Mae for a few years. It's good study background music.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Yep, been listening to Mae for a few years. It's good study background music.
    yeah, they are great for that. Have you been to one of their concerts yet?

Quote Originally Posted by acredsfan View Post
    yeah, they are great for that. Have you been to one of their concerts yet?
    No, I'm not much of a concert goer. I've seen a few of the other tooth & nail bands live though.

Anberlin puts on a good show.

On the brink of disaster

No, I'm not much of a concert goer. I've seen a few of the other tooth & nail bands live though.

Anberlin puts on a good show.
    Yeah, Anberlin is pretty awsome. I was really amazed at how good of a show that Mae puts on. It's worth the time and money to see them if you get a chance. They are now signed with capitol though, so I'm kind of nervous to hear their next CD coming this spring, hopefully they don't sell out.

Edit: I just checked their site and now their new CD isn't due out until summer.
    Last edited by acredsfan; 02-27-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Re: Anybody ever heard of these bands?

I'm not a fan of The Fray, but I really, really like Mae. I saw them in concert at the Mad Hatter last year, and will be seeing them again next month. (I really like Anberlin too.)

They call me "chef"

A few years ago, around the time their first album came out, I had a few friends who were obsessed with Mae. I was more interested in other T&N bands though, like Mewithoutyou and Twothirtyeight. I haven't kept track of much Tooth and Nail bands lately, as most of them have been pretty generic.

An album you might like that I recently found to be quite surprising is the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Wasn't a fan at all of their first cd but this one is much different. Good stuff.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I've heard of moe., but not Mae.

Maggie Mae?

Mae Young isn't the lead singer, I hope.

Yeah, Anberlin is pretty awsome. I was really amazed at how good of a show that Mae puts on. It's worth the time and money to see them if you get a chance. They are now signed with capitol though, so I'm kind of nervous to hear their next CD coming this spring, hopefully they don't sell out.

Edit: I just checked their site and now their new CD isn't due out until summer.
    I didn't realize they got signed onto a major. Congrats to them. It will be interesting to see if/how it changes their sound.

I didn't realize they got signed onto a major. Congrats to them. It will be interesting to see if/how it changes their sound.
    Their new CD is really good, IMO. Just came out last week.

On the brink of disaster

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRed View Post
    I'm not a fan of The Fray, but I really, really like Mae. I saw them in concert at the Mad Hatter last year, and will be seeing them again next month. (I really like Anberlin too.)
    I got to see them at Bogarts on Vine. Really an entertaining show. They have a lot of energy. I have to say my second favorite band as far as performances go is Hawk Nelson. I also liked Sanctus Real. How do you feel about Mae's tour with Relient K?

I got to see them at Bogarts on Vine. Really an entertaining show. They have a lot of energy. I have to say my second favorite band as far as performances go is Hawk Nelson. I also liked Sanctus Real. How do you feel about Mae's tour with Relient K?
    I think it's an interesting combo, but one I'm not going to go see.

Not sure if you already know this, but Mae will be playing at the Mad Hatter in Covington on March 28. They're headlining, and will be with The Hush Sound, Sherwood and The New Atlantic. (Probably a local band or two as well, that usually happens at that venue.)

Turn Off Ads?