Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hope and Faith- How the Cincinnati Reds Can Win the World Series

Hope and Faith- How the Cincinnati Reds Can Win the World Series

Today there is a Baseball Prospectus story titled "Hope and Faith-How the Cincinnati Reds Can Win the World Series". This is a subscription based story, online HERE.

I shouldn't post the whole thing, but the article lists five factors:

1. Homer Bailey 2. Adam Dun comeback 3. Keep finding cheap talent 4. Alex Gonzalaez's defense 5. Joey Votto at first....

Here is a fair use quote:
    "While the Reds certainly have many question marks, they have many reasons to be optimistic. If at least a few of these marginal improvements occur, then the team could win 85-90 games, which might be good enough to win the NL Central. Once they get to the playoffs, a top three of Harang, Arroyo, and Bailey might be enough to get the job done. It's enough to give Reds fans reason to hope."
    ďThis one was a perfect one. I donít know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. Ö I didnít know he could speak like that.Ē Brayan Pena 5/21/14

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Re: Hope and Faith- How the Cincinnati Reds Can Win the World Series

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Today there is a Baseball Prospectus story titled "Hope and Faith-How the Cincinnati Reds Can Win the World Series". This is a subscription based story, online HERE.

I shouldn't post the whole thing, but the article lists five factors:

1. Homer Bailey 2. Adam Dun comeback 3. Keep finding cheap talent 4. Alex Gonzalaez's defense 5. Joey Votto at first....

Here is a fair use quote:
    "While the Reds certainly have many question marks, they have many reasons to be optimistic. If at least a few of these marginal improvements occur, then the team could win 85-90 games, which might be good enough to win the NL Central. Once they get to the playoffs, a top three of Harang, Arroyo, and Bailey might be enough to get the job done. It's enough to give Reds fans reason to hope."

Hey, I like that top three in the rotation as much as the next guy, but then there's the offense. And the bullpen. Ugh.

Certainly Redsfans have reason to hope but if you read all of the things they have to hope will happen in order for the team to win 85-90 games, the scenario offered by Jeff Erickson really implies some praying wouldn't hurt either...

Since praying will be required, how about some sacrifices too.... maybe a some Cubs and Cardinals could be offered?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post

Since praying will be required, how about some sacrifices too.... maybe a some Cubs and Cardinals could be offered?
    The Cubs usually take care of that on their own.

How about sacrificing some Astros instead?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    The Cubs usually take care of that on their own.

How about sacrificing some Astros instead?

Cardinals first in the sacrificial fire.

Turn Off Ads?