Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds 2007 TV schedule

Reds 2007 TV schedule

The Reds have released their TV schedule for the year. There will be 145 games on FSN and 33 will be in HD.

CINCINNATI -- FSN Ohio today announced it will expand its coverage of the Cincinnati Reds from 100 games to 145 games, including 33 in high-definition (HD), beginning with the 2007 season. Steve Liverani, Vice President and General Manager, FSN Ohio, made the announcement.

The Reds regular season on FSN Ohio begins in crystal clear HD with the season opener vs. the Cubs on Monday, April 2 at 2 p.m. (Additional games delivered in HD are noted on the schedule below). The festivities kick off at 1 p.m. with a special hour-long pre-game show.

New to the FSN Ohio broadcast team this season is Cincinnati native, Thom Brennaman and former Reds reliever, Jeff Brantley. Brennaman and Brantley will join George Grande and Chris Welsh, who team up for their 15th season together, to call all 145 games on FSN Ohio.

Brennaman will also work along side his father, Hall of Famer Marty Brennaman, for selected radio broadcasts on 700 WLW. He will also continue to serve as one of Major League Baseball's lead announcers of FOX's Game of the Week and post-season telecasts. Most recently, Brennaman served as the play-by-play voice of the BCS on FOX, including the Fiesta Bowl and the National Championship game.

Brantley comes to FSN Ohio after working as an in-game analyst and studio analyst on ESPN for six years. He spent 14 seasons in the Major Leagues, and enjoyed some of his best years while pitching for the Reds from 1994-1997, when he posted a 2.64 ERA and 88 saves.

Back this season with a new look and feel are the Reds pre and post-game shows called REDS LIVE, hosted by Jim Day and Jeff Piecoro. Thirty minutes prior to each telecast, and immediately following the game, REDS LIVE will provide fans with more commentary, features and in-depth Reds coverage than ever before.

"We are thrilled to extend our commitment to the Reds by telecasting 145 games - including 33 in HD, and adding the likes of Brennaman and Brantley to our broadcast team," said Liverani. "Now more than ever, FSN Ohio is THE place to turn for unparalleled, state-of-the-art coverage of the Reds all year long."

Behind-the-scenes on all of FSN Ohio's Reds productions are producer, Brian Hunterman; director, Mark Goldsmith; and, REDS LIVE producer, Christian Roberts.

FSN Ohio will also televise three Reds Spring Training games this season. Dates and times of those match-ups are forthcoming.
    Here is a link to the TV schedule:

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/d...t_schedule.pdf

From C. Trent's blog these are the only games not on FSN. The August 11th game listed here is on Fox and the August 16th game is on WGN.

April 5 vs. Chicago (12:35)
    April 13 @ Chicago (2:30)
    April 14 @ Chicago (1:05)
    April 26 @ St. Louis (1:10)
    May 10 vs. Houston (12:35)
    June 14 vs. Los Angeles (12:35)
    June 20 @ Oakland (3:35)
    July 14 @ N.Y. Mets (7:10)
    July 18 @ Atlanta (1:05)
    July 26 vs. Milwaukee (12:35)
    Aug. 9 vs. L.A. (12:35)
    Aug. 11 vs. San Diego (3:55)
    Aug. 16 @ Chicago (2:20)
    Sept. 5 vs. N.Y. Mets (12:35)
    Sept. 9 vs. Milwaukee (1:15)
    Sept. 13 vs. St. Louis (12:35)
    Sept. 16 @ Milwaukee (2:05)
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 02-28-2007 at 02:29 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds 2007 TV schedule

33 HD games is great....the fact that Time Warner in our area does not carry FSN in HD isn't so great.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

So one night game, and three weekend games not being broadcast [San Diego game not included].

That ain't half bad.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    33 HD games is great....the fact that Time Warner in our area does not carry FSN in HD isn't so great.
    Hopefully this will get Time Warner to start carrying FSN HD. I know in Columbus they carry it for the Blue Jackets games and in Cleveland they have it for the Cavaliers games so now that the Reds have HD games hopefully they will add the channel.

I love that we are getting so many games....not sure how this will affect attendance though especially if they are not in the race, but regardless, that is alot of baseball watching and makes me happy!!!

Being a Reds fan and an admitted HD snob, the 33 games in beautiful high def really jazzes me.

But I think we're going to need to start applying pressure to our cable provider now to see them. Call them. Email them. Bug them. It's the only way they move.

I'm serious: we need to hit the media with letters to editor and start bugging the TV beat writers.

I intend to do this. I've already started asking some people I know on the inside. Please do your part if you want to see these games as much as I do.

You will recall that it took this kind of grassroots-y action to get TWC to broadcast high school football state finals or to get ESPN HD in time to see the first Bengals high def telecast a few years ago.

Picture the scene from Animal House: "Cuz when the going gets tough... (music, music)... the tough get going. Now, who's with me?!?!?!?!"

I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Anyword on what Fox Midwest is doing this year, for us Indiana folks?

Ok, speaking as a still-new Cincinnati (re-)resident, and someone who came from Chicago where WGN was a network station, and New York where the Yankees and the Mets get a lot of network TV time, am I reading this right:

the Reds have 1 (one) game on network TV in 2007?

One?

That had better be a damn good game. I'll have a freaking party.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Ok, speaking as a still-new Cincinnati (re-)resident, and someone who came from Chicago where WGN was a network station, and New York where the Yankees and the Mets get a lot of network TV time, am I reading this right:

the Reds have 1 (one) game on network TV in 2007?

One?

That had better be a damn good game. I'll have a freaking party.
    That is right currently we only have one Fox game unless they change their schedule later in the year.

Wow! 145 games..............I love it.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Wow! 145 games..............I love it.

Sweet I'll get all 145 plus the ones aired on foxmidwest comcast chicago.
    So it should be in the 150plus range to 160. all thank to Dish Network in my area.
    The cable provider here is TimeWarner they have both FoxOhio and FoxMidwest on them.
    "it took me back in time thru dwindling joy
    to when i was such a guilt ridden catholic boy
    im evangelical agnostic now"
    Happy New Year Todd Snider

Yours A ChampCar Fanatic And In The Home Of Champange Velvet Beer,

Andy K.

Terre Haute Brewing CO.

I just went though the schedules and it's 151 games for FXMidwest, ComcastChicago, and WGN.
    Minus the ones that are duel coverage with both FXOhio and the other channels airing the games at the sametime.
    The Braves games are unknown right now.

Here are the extra games.

Apr 5th vs. the Cubs it's on Comcast
    Apr. 13th vs. Cubs it's on Comcast
    Apr. 14th vs. Cubs it's Comcast
    Apr. 26th vs. The Cards it's on FXMidwest
    Aug 16th vs. the Cubs WGN
    Sept. 13th vs. the Cards that's FXMidwest
    "it took me back in time thru dwindling joy
    to when i was such a guilt ridden catholic boy
    im evangelical agnostic now"
    Happy New Year Todd Snider

Yours A ChampCar Fanatic And In The Home Of Champange Velvet Beer,

Andy K.

Terre Haute Brewing CO.

Old Red Guard Reject

Anyone here know how you can get FSN HD with satellite?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Anyone here know how you can get FSN HD with satellite?
    Directv is in the process of adding the all FSN HD channels. I don't know when they will add them. I do know that I got HD Astros games last here in El Paso via Directv.

Turn Off Ads?