Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What ever happened to.......... ???

What ever happened to.......... ???

Oh my gosh! I can't remember his name! He was a bench player for the Reds whose wife had cancer.

In 2005 he was the best pinch hitter in the league, maybe both leagues.

Heeeelp! Both with the name and where he is now. (this is embarassing)
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What ever happened to.......... ???

Jacob Cruz?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Thank you! Actually, I just looked it up... and I should have done that before I posted.

Anyway, anybody know where he is these days?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I thought he headed to Japan.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

It looks like he split time last season between Louisville (Reds Affiliate) and Norfolk. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...cob-Cruz.shtml

This season, I do not know.

Trent had this on his blog...

Monday, February 19, 2007
    former Red report

SARASOTA, Fla. -- One of the beauties of this time of year is old faces in new places.

And while people get on me about how lucky I am to have to spend six weeks in Florida for work, I envy the Hanwha Eagles beatwriters. The Eagles train in Hawaii, which is where Marc found this tidbit on long-time blog favorite Jacob Cruz.

The Eagles need not look far for first-hand background on the league. One of their two foreign players on the team is outfielder Jacob Cruz, who spent the previous 13 seasons playing in the U.S. majors or its minor league affiliates. He played for the West Oahu CaneFires in 1995.

Cruz, who is in his first season with the Eagles, said Hawai'i Winter Baseball was a good experience because Americans got to interact with players from Asian leagues.

"I got to meet a lot of different people," he said. "I have a lot of fond memories of Hawai'i."
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I also found this....he played in the Mexican Pacific League....I believe as a part of Mets....

1B Jacob Cruz -- Cruz last played on Dec. 21 and finished the regular season with a .258 batting average, two home runs and nine RBIs in 28 games. He didn't play in the postseason for Tomateros de Culiacan.

Here is the link to it...

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/art...=.jsp&c_id=nym

Thanks so much, you guys, for all the info!

I really liked Jake and glad to hear he's gonna play in paradise!

Speaking of an ex-Red. I know that he retired a few years back, but what is Bret Boone up to these days??? Anybody know or know what he was doing last?

He played in ST and a few games for the Mets..then Retired.

Lack of steriods..haha..Im just saying..
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?