Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bailey impressive in intra squad game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bailey impressive in intra squad game

Re: Bailey impressive in intra squad game

"Not a bad box score for a pitcher fresh from the college ranks. His work performance showed people plenty, particularly Dunn"

Looks like Mr Hill might want to do a little more research....

Quote Originally Posted by danken12 View Post
    "Not a bad box score for a pitcher fresh from the college ranks. His work performance showed people plenty, particularly Dunn"

makes you wonder if they follow baseball at all.

Quote Originally Posted by danken12 View Post

Why? It seems the statement was correct. Bailey showed Dunn a lot, and seemed to make an impression with him.

"He looked good," Dunn said of Bailey. "I'm on the bandwagon."

"He threw me a good changeup," he said of Bailey. "I know that's not his pitch; he's working on it."
    "He's so smooth it just seems like half of the pitch gets on you a lot quicker than it looks," said Adam Dunn, one of four hitters Bailey faced in his one-inning outing.

OH, I see now, what you were referring to. The college pitcher part, yea that's just sad.
    Last edited by rdiersin; 02-28-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Bailey never went to college. He was drafted straight from High school.

Thats the wrong statement, unless Im wrong...then I'm just nuts..but we knew that anyway right?

"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

He probably asked Hal McCoy to factcheck it.

Makes all the routine posts.

Eh....the writer would probably chalk it up to baseball season just starting, but regardless, he should check his source(s), especially on that one!

Anyways, back to subject at hand....good job from Homer!!!!

Something I am also wondering, when Homer gets here and when he actually hits his first major league home run, how many different jokes and such do you think we will hear on the tv and radio??? And does anybody know how well Homer does actually hit? Will it take him awhile to hit that first homer or is he fairly decent with the stick?

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    Something I am also wondering, when Homer gets here and when he actually hits his first major league home run, how many different jokes and such do you think we will hear on the tv and radio??? And does anybody know how well Homer does actually hit? Will it take him awhile to hit that first homer or is he fairly decent with the stick?
    Hopefully he will hit the batting cages with Arroyo to learn the tricks of the trade for a tall, lanky, power-hitting pitcher. That or he just needs to face Glendon Roush a few times.

Anyone who has to "check his facts on whether or not Homer Bailey went to college" should turn in his pen and paper and get a job as a car salesman, because he shouldn't be writing about Sports, let alone anything else.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?