Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What will you be doing on opening day?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Will attend the game

19 38.78%
  • Will listen to the game on radio/mlb.radio

23 46.94%
  • Working/Tied Up and Can't Do Either

6 12.24%
  • Will get drunk at the parade and miss everything

1 2.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Day

Re: Opening Day

I will be listening even if I have to sneak a radio into class with me lmao!
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well I am supposed to work, but.............sorry boss no can do!!! I'll be watching (via ESPN, sound down, Marty and Thom on) it 1 way or another. I'll likely take a vacation day or something.

And logged on to RedsZone!!!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Spring Break for this teacher...........I'll be watching my first opening day with my then almost one year old daughter.

haha. We are like NasCar. The superbowl is at the beginning of the season.

I will be at the game. I told my boss I am taking a personal holiday. He asked "What? Is it your birthday or something?"

Just smiled and said "Opening day." Knowing how big of a fan I am, he just laughed and said "thats fine."
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    It is on ESPN2.
    That settles it. I'll be sick on April 2nd.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I'll be there, 15th in a row this year.

I'll be watching on mlb.tv
    School's out. What did you expect?

Oh yeah, I shall be walking down during lunchtime at some point (probably around the parade or so) and trying to get Lou Piniella to autograph my poster when he goes into the stadium or whatever. Does anybody happen to know if he arrives early to the ballpark or later or the same time as the normal coaches do? I know I ask generally this same question every year, and I do know that most of the players coaches arrive around 11:00 to 12:00 for the game with the coaches arriving the earliest, just curious if Piniella has any rituatials he follows where he arrives like really early (take for example Dave Collins shows up like before even stadium personnel show up from what I have been told, I was able to catch him though because it was right after the All-Star break and he just got in town with his son, and graciously signed my poster) or does anybody happen to know a place Piniella likes to frequent when he is in town like before/after a game or maybe when he doesn't have to be at the ballpark (such as you can usually find Trader Jack McKeon at Strauss Tobacconist when he is in town and not doing anything, he graciously signed the poster as well). Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if you didn't know already, I am speaking of the Faces of Riverfront poster that was a stadium giveaway the last year of Riverfront Stadium with tiny like 2"x3" photos of like 70 or so Reds greats on it of the Riverfront Stadium era. I currently have like half the poster signed, my goal is to get it all signed. Thanks again for any help, and sorry to get a little off-topic.

Short of a ticket falling of the sky I'll have it on the tube and be reading/posting up the game thread
    Go Gators!

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I told my boss I am taking a personal holiday. He asked "What? Is it your birthday or something?"

Just smiled and said "Opening day." Knowing how big of a fan I am, he just laughed and said "thats fine."
    I can't remember the last time I worked on Opening Day. I know I've been taking off of work for Opening Day for at least 19 or 20 years.

We always go to a bar to watch these days and this year we're doing it in my home bar in the lower leavel of my house. I'm setting up my blue seats from Riverfront Stadium for 4 of us. I'm buying a hot dog steamer that will do about a dozen dogs and buns at a time, I have a popcorn machine (like at the movies) and cold beer on tap. Last year we were at Willie's in Covington to watch it and my car got broken into (I lost about $1200 worth equipment that I accidently left in a duffle bag on the back floor of my car) so I'll be happy to just host it at my house instead.

We live in the sticks about 2 hours north of Cincinnati. I haven't worked on Opening Day in the four years I've been working, and all throughout high school I was absent on Opening Day. My teachers even knew it, principal as well. They didn't care. Most of them just straight-up asked me in class the next day in front of everybody how Opening Day was.

Great stuff, it's the American way!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

With any luck at all, I'll be at the game with my buddies. This will be #18 in a row. With a little more luck, we'll spend the evening watching the Buckeyes go for the NCAA title. Regardless, we'll find a place where we can score a good meal and watch the championship game after a good day of baseball. I'll take the 3rd off too, you know, just to rest up and stuff.

Turn Off Ads?