Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Drinkers

Pop Drinkers

What's your poison, and how much do you consume?

I'm not a pop (soda) drinker. I'll have a Pepsi on Friday nights, which is pizza night around here.

My oldest boy and myself are water drinkers. I have a 5 gallon water cooler in the kitchen, plus we have an RO system. I've pretty much cut all caffeine out of my diet, and for health reasons, and I feel better for doing so. As for my wife and other kids - if they ever stop drinking Pepsi products their stock will drop sharply.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pop Drinkers

What's pop?

I drink a Dr. Pepper most mornings on my way to school. Then I drink water the rest of the day.

Beer at night.

I like Coke, but I'll generally drink several types, depending on what's available - Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sprite, Sierra Mist, Surge. Even Big K Orange soda isn't bad.

This is probably my weakest point of my diet - if I could cut out the soft drinks, I'd be in much better shape.

I try to buy Crystal Lite, but it's more expensive than I like paying.

I just bought a Coke Zero to try again, but still don't like it much. I might try it again, 'cause that would cut out some calories.

A cold Coke, however, is still my preference, and a hard habit to break

I'm on a Diet Dr. Pepper kick at the moment. I try not to drink much of it, though.

If I drink pop, I usually stick to Dr. Pepper or his evil arch-nemesis, Mr. Pibb.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I drink diet 7up, but I believe Coke is the best cold medicine there is. And if there weren't something like 29 teaspoons of sugar in it, I'd drink a Coke at every meal.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I gave up pop for Lent... but otherwise it's Sprite or any kind of root beer (something w/o caffeine). I trying very hard to give that up as well and try to drink more water or drink more tea.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Diet Pepsi.

A better question would be to ask, when am I not drinking soda.

I don't keep it on hand as I'd drink it way too much, but Mountain Dew is still my choice when I sto pat a gas station on a road trip, etc.., with a nice cold Coke very close 2nd. A good red cream soda (Big Red) is 3rd.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    If I drink pop, I usually stick to Dr. Pepper or his evil arch-nemesis, Mr. Pibb.
    Mr. Pibb is a replica of Dr Pepper, but it's a bullcrap replica, 'cause dude didn't even get his degree. Why'd you have to drop out and start makin' pop so soon?
    --Mitch Hedberg

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    I like Coke, but I'll generally drink several types, depending on what's available - Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sprite, Sierra Mist, Surge. Even Big K Orange soda isn't bad.

This is probably my weakest point of my diet - if I could cut out the soft drinks, I'd be in much better shape.

I try to buy Crystal Lite, but it's more expensive than I like paying.

I just bought a Coke Zero to try again, but still don't like it much. I might try it again, 'cause that would cut out some calories.

A cold Coke, however, is still my preference, and a hard habit to break
    You might not want to mention Sierra Mist around Krono.

I drink Coke or Pepsi (and to much of it).

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Oh, and Pepsi is my choice for cola. I don't dislike Coke, but I prefer Pepsi. I also dislike the Coke monopoly at restaurants.

I used to drink Mountain Dew like it's going out of style.

I really need to cut way way back, but it's hard to do. Honestly, I would like to cut it out completely. Maybe one day.

Barq's root beer.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Coke is my preference, but I'm trying to cut down a bit on it. As it is now, I have 3 or 4 in a week.

Turn Off Ads?