Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Drinkers

Re: Pop Drinkers

I don't drink it anymore, but when I did, it was Sprite.

I could have a serious addition to Coke. And Cherry Coke. I had to give that stuff up years ago. I was up to 6 - 8 cans/bottles a day.

Now I'm just a water girl.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

2. Turn Off Ads?

A root beer, from time to time, but mainly decaf iced tea at home.

For a Level Playing Field

Like RB and justincredible... I drink Diet Dr. Pepper. I drank nuthin' but Diet Pepsi for many years, then switched to Diet Vanilla Pepsi for about a year. Then about a year ago I was kind of forced to buy a Diet Dr. Pepper b/c the soda machine was soldout of the Diet Pepsi. To my surprise I really liked it and have been drinking nothing but that for the last year and a half.

Usually one 16 oz. here at work that I'll buy at 10:00 am. Then I drink about two 12 oz. glasses from the 2-Liter I keep at home each evening. On the weekends I drink a lot more just b/c it is readily available.

I have one of these (the diet one, Vault Zero, and in a 12-ounce can) on the way to work each morning and another when I get home. Despite appearances and what is said here regarding caffeine content, it doesn't seem to have as much as Mountain Dew. It's made by Coca-Cola.

Last edited by macro; 03-01-2007 at 08:22 AM.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I used to drink Coke like it was meant to sustain life. Now I drink Water and assorted juices. Consequently I am not tired all day and if I do have an occasional Coke the taste is not all that great.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

The only coffee I drink, and since I am a 3rd shifter, is that I'll have a cup before I go to work. But I see people nowadays drinking stuff like Red Bull and other so-called high energy drinks. Before I knew what it was I bought one for my daughter. Geez! Then I read what was in it and I cut those off right now.

I have always hated diet pop. I just don't see how anyone can drink that stuff with the artificial sweetner. The after taste it leaves (at least with me) is terrible. My wife puts a hurtin' on Diet Pepsi and tells me you can't tell the difference. I told her B-A-L-O-N-E-Y! But I guess after you drink it long enough you just get use to it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I only drink pop when there is nothing else to drink, unless it is on the occaision (rare) that I get a glass bottle. Other than that I have no preference. My wife's family all seem to have this odd loyalty to there pop. They will only drink "their" brand, so at get togethers there is a ton of 12 liter bottles. When someone asks me what I want to drink I tell them "Whatever you pour me" and they look at me like I am some kind of lunatic.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Like chili, I need to stay awake and stuff. I drink lots of diet pepsi and diet sunkist (not a lot of caffeine but still good) as a result. I also drink a lot of Starbucks (frapuccinos, espresso). I have a caffeine addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I only drink pop when there is nothing else to drink, unless it is on the occaision (rare) that I get a glass bottle. Other than that I have no preference. My wife's family all seem to have this odd loyalty to there pop. They will only drink "their" brand, so at get togethers there is a ton of 12 liter bottles. When someone asks me what I want to drink I tell them "Whatever you pour me" and they look at me like I am some kind of lunatic.
    Wow, they really are serious about their pop!

I'm generally a Diet Coke guy myself and drink 1 a day, sometimes two. I also really like Barq's root beer and red pop, Sunkist orange, and an occasional Vernor's ginger ale. I usually stick to the diet stuff because I'm used to the taste; any "regular" soda tastes too syrupy sweet to me now.

I work 12 hour days, tell me about needing to stay awake!!

I use to have a caffeine addition (see the Coke reference above).

Oddly enough, once I gave up caffeine and started drinking water I have more energy and able to get through the day a lot easier than ever before.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    Wow, they really are serious about their pop!

I'm generally a Diet Coke guy myself and drink 1 a day, sometimes two. I also really like Barq's root beer and red pop, Sunkist orange, and an occasional Vernor's ginger ale. I usually stick to the diet stuff because I'm used to the taste; any "regular" soda tastes too syrupy sweet to me now.
    Yeah, you would think it was like beer.... my maw in law only has one daughter that drinks, and when she has a drink, my m-i-l hates it. Says it is a shame she drinks alcohol. Worries about her health. Just for having a drink. If she sat there and drank 6 pops , though, my m-i-l wouldn't say a thing.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Future Reds All Star

I use to drink a ton of soda and coffee a day. When you work in restaurants and it is right there in front of you all day and free you get hooked. I cut way back about 7 years ago when I was pregnant with my son (nice to have juice & milk free for the taking also). I now drink maybe 2 or 3 cans a week and 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day (the 50/50 stuff). Has to be diet and I prefer coke products. Pepsi is to sweet even in diet form.

I used to drink Coke all day, and I wondered why I couldn't sleep well at night. I also developed acid reflux from all the carbonation.

Now I drink one Coke a day, in the morning. The rest of the time I drink MinuteMaid Light Cherry Limeade like it's going out of style (10 calories per can, no carbonation, no caffeine). I throw in an occasional Gatorade Lemonade for good measure.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

1 Coke a day for me. Usually around lunch / mid-day. Otherwise, it's H20.

(Excepting, of course, the occasional beer...)

Turn Off Ads?