Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pop Drinkers

Re: Pop Drinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    That, or "fizzy lifting drink."
    Or "bubbly black gold"

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have a serious addiction to Mt Dew, i dont know if i could give it up. I like to tell myself that it's at least not as bad because i only drink one glass of it a day and I can usually make it last for a long time. I know that's grasping at straws here, but it makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I drink alot of pop. Probably an unhealthy amount. Between 2-3 two liter bottles a day.
    I'm no doctor, but I'd say there's probably no probably about it. 2 to 3 two liters a day? By yourself?

That's like a bath tub of soda per day.

With my lifestyle and intake of crap into my boday, no one would mistake me for a saint, but it really may be time to start cutting down a little.

How do you feel all day? Can you sleep at night? Sounds expensive also.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You can't be blamed. You wanted a drink, not a stern look of disapproval.
    My accent was enough to do that.

Standard response to questions about directions in Boston: "YOU can't do it."
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Soda? Pop?! My husband is from Ohio and I've told him over and over that everything is called 'coke' down here in the Bluegrass state. haha. Anyway, I'm not much of a carbonated beverage drinker, but I've had my share of 'Big Red' and 'A&W Root Beer'. My drink of choice is sweet iced tea though. Funny how in other parts of the country, they look at you weird if you order sweet iced tea. I guess they either drink it unsweetened or hot. What's up with that?

Pop? I like a good Barley pop. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHammer View Post
    Soda? Pop?! My husband is from Ohio and I've told him over and over that everything is called 'coke' down here in the Bluegrass state. haha. Anyway, I'm not much of a carbonated beverage drinker, but I've had my share of 'Big Red' and 'A&W Root Beer'. My drink of choice is sweet iced tea though. Funny how in other parts of the country, they look at you weird if you order sweet iced tea. I guess they either drink it unsweetened or hot. What's up with that?

sweet tea is a purely southern thing.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I don't drink it much any more, but when I used to have a hankering for something cold, Vernor's Ginger Ale, cream soda, a good root beer, and Classic Coke hit the spot.

But that's all fat pop and even when I drink pop, I don't drink fat pop any more. My wife stocks Diet Rite white grape and raspberry which isn't too bad. I'll have one on the weekend.

I just drink water mostly nowadays.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I drink alot of pop. Probably an unhealthy amount. Between 2-3 two liter bottles a day. Mostly stuff in the Diet Pepsi family. I've always got a mugful sitting around and sipping on it.

You're the type that really has to watch for dental ramifications. Too many carbonated beverages is murder on teeth. These drinks are fizzed with carbonic acid and the low PH dissolves teeth.

I know the type. These folks need a pop in the morning to wake up. They also need one when driving a car. Another one while in the cubicle or while studying (if a student). Another one on the drive home. Another one when they get home as a treat. Another one with dinner and before long they've had 6 or 7 for the day. Their mouth never has a chance to buffer that acid. It stays in an acidic state all day long.

My suggestion: You're an adult. Drink an adult beverage. Drink coffee, tea during the day, beer at night! Drink pop only on weekends or on occasion with a meal. Much easier on your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonkluver44 View Post
    I have a serious addiction to Mt Dew, i dont know if i could give it up. I like to tell myself that it's at least not as bad because i only drink one glass of it a day and I can usually make it last for a long time. I know that's grasping at straws here, but it makes me feel better.
    Mountain Dew is the worst. The slang term for Pop cavities is Mountain Dew syndrome. Dentally you're better off if you guzzle your Mountain Dew. Slowly sipping it just extends the amount of time your mouth is exposed to an acidic environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My suggestion: You're an adult. Drink an adult beverage. Drink coffee, tea during the day, beer at night! Drink pop only on weekends or on occasion with a meal. Much easier on your teeth.
    Beer is good for your teeth? Sweet!! I can't wait to tell my wife I have to drink more beer because it's good for my dental hygiene!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Beer is good for your teeth? Sweet!! I can't wait to tell my wife I have to drink more beer because it's good for my dental hygiene!
    You bet. Beer is tons better than pop. Alcohol kills off plaque producing bacteria. Drink up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You bet. Beer is tons better than pop. Alcohol kills off plaque producing bacteria. Drink up!
    You're my hero!!

My dentist once told me that if I was going to drink a Coke (soda...pop...whatever) that I should always drink it with a straw. That way the stuff hits the roof of your mouth & not your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    My dentist once told me that if I was going to drink a Coke (soda...pop...whatever) that I should always drink it with a straw. That way the stuff hits the roof of your mouth & not your teeth.
    Or shotgun it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?