Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Pop Drinkers

Re: Pop Drinkers

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Or shotgun it.
    Shotgunning a Coke. I'm getting a sugar buzz just thinking about it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You bet. Beer is tons better than pop. Alcohol kills off plaque producing bacteria. Drink up!

You are going to make the soda-drinkers anti-dentites & the beer-drinkers pro-dentites. For those who enjoy both kinds of drinks... I guess it depends on the time of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    As for what I drink: This:
    Urrrghhh....that stuff is horrible. Sorry Dabvu, Ale8one is all yours buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Or shotgun it.
    Well sure.

But that's only fun if you shotgun it after downing 5 or 6 packages of Pop Rocks and then immediately start jumping around on a trampoline.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    My dentist once told me that if I was going to drink a Coke (soda...pop...whatever) that I should always drink it with a straw. That way the stuff hits the roof of your mouth & not your teeth.
    A straw does help. I wouldn't make a blanket statement that one should always use one. I reserve the straw idea for those who refuse to moderate their habits.

La Dolce Vita

Only thing resembling pop that I buy anymore is the occasional bottle of natural flavored Italian soda (lemon, blood orange are favorites). Target or Trader Joe's brands are decent.
    teach tolerance.

I've been trying really hard lately to do the diet pop thing. Diet Mountain Dew works, if cold. I much prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke...but if I'm on regular, I'd rather have Coke than Pepsi. Weird, huh?

Back in my HS/college days, I drank enough regular Mountain Dew to fill the Atlantic.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    I've been trying really hard lately to do the diet pop thing. Diet Mountain Dew works, if cold. I much prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke...but if I'm on regular, I'd rather have Coke than Pepsi. Weird, huh?

Back in my HS/college days, I drank enough regular Mountain Dew to fill the Atlantic.
    My wife is the same way regarding the Coke/Pepsi Diet vs. Regular choices. She seems to think that Diet Pepsi tastes closer to Regular Coke and Diet Coke tastes more like Pepsi. Of course if the rumor about New Coke being Diet Coke w/ corn syrup is true, that may make sense. The whole reason I didn't like New Coke was that it tasted like Pepsi.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    You might not want to mention Sierra Mist around Krono.
    I remember Kitty had a great description of what Sierra Mist tastes like
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    My wife is the same way regarding the Coke/Pepsi Diet vs. Regular choices. She seems to think that Diet Pepsi tastes closer to Regular Coke and Diet Coke tastes more like Pepsi. Of course if the rumor about New Coke being Diet Coke w/ corn syrup is true, that may make sense. The whole reason I didn't like New Coke was that it tasted like Pepsi.
    i didn't like new coke either, as i'm not a fan of pepsi, but the new coke zero product is really good, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I remember Kitty had a great description of what Sierra Mist tastes like
    I heard some pretty unflattering descriptions of Moxie.

School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I heard some pretty unflattering descriptions of Moxie.

Moxie tastes like butt.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Please explain. I have this image of firefighters dousing forest fires with the stuff.
    You may have me there. When I was in college I played basketball and we had a nutritionist who came and spoke to us and he was strongly against carbonated beverages especially for athletes. I don't remember his whole argument but I'm pretty sure I remember him saying about it "eating the air in your lungs". I'm not really sure what the purpose of it was, we'd already had a rule that we weren't allowed to drink carbonation during the season anyway. So it wasn't like he was telling us anything life changing, and I didn't bother doing any research on it, I'm blindly accepting the fact that water is better than soda. And he may have been full of crap, for all I know he may not even have had a degree. I feel I breathe easier without it, but that could be all psychological.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 03-01-2007 at 09:21 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I've always found this interesting ...

The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    I've always found this interesting ...
    That map is really interesting Cylclone.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Turn Off Ads?