Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Pop Drinkers

Re: Pop Drinkers

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    No- this is soda pop

Oh Pony Boy... your Tuff, Tuff, Hair....

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just got back from visiting my sister. She gave me a can of this (which I never knew existed)....

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I just got back from visiting my sister. She gave me a can of this (which I never knew existed)....

cool.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I drink a fair share. The fridge usually has a 12 pack of Coke, Pepsi or Mountain Dew. I have a can at lunch and one after work at the least

I also keep some Sprite Zero on hand to mix with vodka.

Sometimes when trying to be a little more healthy I mix Sprite Zero with a shot of fruit punch instead of a coke or mountain dew. I don't like the Sprite Zero by itself and I used to drink 7-up and fruit punch as a kid. 7-up and Hawaiian Punch is to die for.

Coke also is great when your mouth is sore in the post cold stage, really heals it up too.

And it gets that film off your windshield as well.

Coke is also the best thing in the world for cleaning corrosive battery terminals. I'm not kidding. I've also heard that Coke will eat a nail. Just make it disapear. I'm just not sure how long it takes.

I'm no doctor, but I'd say there's probably no probably about it. 2 to 3 two liters a day? By yourself?

That's like a bath tub of soda per day.

How do you feel all day? Can you sleep at night? Sounds expensive also.

Around here you can get a 2 liter bottle for $1. 3 a day would be no more than $30 for the week if buying at Wal Mart or someplace like that. I know people who drop that at the bar twice a week. Or people who smoke two packs a day. THAT is expensive. You are looking at $70 to $80 a week on smokes.

I noticed on that map that Maine was one of the few states in the country where there is no discrepency on the name, though my grandmother calls it pop from time to time. I guess they didn't ask her.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but on most menus, soda is listed as a soft drink.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed;1253979

And it gets that film off your windshield as well.[/b
    That is a great trick that I use from time to time.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    I've also heard that Coke will eat a nail. Just make it disapear. I'm just not sure how long it takes.
    http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/tooth.asp

Claim: A tooth left in a glass of Coca-Cola will dissolve overnight.

Origins: I don't know of anyone who hasn't heard the rumor that too much Coca-Cola rots your innards, and the proof of this can be determined by dropping a baby tooth into a glass of it, then going back the next morning to find most of it eaten away. If Coca-Cola can dissolve a tooth overnight, imagine what it must be doing to your teeth, not to mention your stomach and digestive tract!

All such claims ignore a few salient points:
    • Coca-Cola will not dissolve a tooth (or a nail, or a penny, or a piece of meat) overnight.
    • Coca-Cola contains acids (such as citric acid and phosphoric acid) which will eventually dissolve items such as teeth (given enough time), but so do plenty of other substances we commonly ingest (such as orange juice). The concentration of acid in these products is so low that our digestive systems are easily capable of coping with it with no harm to us.
    • The idea that any substance which can dissolve teeth must therefore damage our teeth if we drink it is nonsensical. We don't hold drinks in our mouths for days at a time — any liquids we drink simply wash over our teeth very briefly, and our teeth are further protected by their enamel coating and the ameliorating effects of saliva.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Origins: I don't know of anyone who hasn't heard the rumor that too much Coca-Cola rots your innards, and the proof of this can be determined by dropping a baby tooth into a glass of it, then going back the next morning to find most of it eaten away. If Coca-Cola can dissolve a tooth overnight, imagine what it must be doing to your teeth, not to mention your stomach and digestive tract!

• Coca-Cola will not dissolve a tooth (or a nail, or a penny, or a piece of meat) overnight.
    • Coca-Cola contains acids (such as citric acid and phosphoric acid) which will eventually dissolve items such as teeth (given enough time), but so do plenty of other substances we commonly ingest (such as orange juice). The concentration of acid in these products is so low that our digestive systems are easily capable of coping with it with no harm to us.
    • The idea that any substance which can dissolve teeth must therefore damage our teeth if we drink it is nonsensical. We don't hold drinks in our mouths for days at a time — any liquids we drink simply wash over our teeth very briefly, and our teeth are further protected by their enamel coating and the ameliorating effects of saliva.
    Or how about this one: http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

When I was in the Navy, and mess cooking, we used Kool-Aid (we called it bug juice - why? I don't know) to clean brass pipes and such. You would mix enough water to make it into a paste/abrasive, and it was the citric acid that shined them right up.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

A tooth left in coke will not dissolve. But that doesn't mean that pop doesn't cause cavities. It does. Big time. If you don't want to believe me ask your dentist or refer to this:

http://www.newstarget.com/000992.html

Or checkout what the ADA has to say about it and why they oppose pop machines in high schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A tooth left in coke will not dissolve. But that doesn't mean that pop doesn't cause cavities. It does. Big time. If you don't want to believe me ask your dentist or refer to this:

http://www.newstarget.com/000992.html

Or checkout what the ADA has to say about it and why they oppose pop machines in high schools.

I'm sure if you drink enough regular pop it will lead to cavities. I used to chew Big Red gum all the time. When I went to the dentist I'd usually have a cavity. I switched to sugarless a few years ago and haven't had one since.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Mt. Dew, Coke, Pepsi, Sprite....I don't really care.

I drink way to much of it.

I'm drinking water right now.......maybe last night has something to do with that...

I have been drinking Diet Mountain Dew since they created it in (I think) 1988. I drink 4 to 6 cans a day. I drink a little less during the winter where I drink more coffee.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

You can pick up 6-packs of Ale8one in glass bottles at meijers for just under 3 bucks. that stuff is incredible.

I use to be a big pop drinker but like GAC I only drink it now with certain meals(pizza night)

Funny thing about my pop drinking is I only can drink Mountain Dew out of a can cold, but I have to have my Pepsi in a glass of ice. I hate Dew in ice and pepsi out of the can.

I drink one or less soda's per day. I like Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper the best.

And my Boston in-law's refer to soft drinks as "tonic." When I got married they said we could stock the hospitality room with tonic--I thought they thought all my family drank was gin and tonic. My wife finally translated what they were saying into English for me!
    Where we gonna go?

Turn Off Ads?