Thread: Pop Drinkers

Re: Pop Drinkers

My favorite pops are Dr Pepper,Root Beer,and Sprite
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gainesville Red View Post
    What's pop?

I drink a Dr. Pepper most mornings on my way to school. Then I drink water the rest of the day.

Beer at night.
    LOL,I went to Alanta Georgia with my parents when I was little to go visit my dads sister.Well Dad walked into a store down there and said what kind of pop do you have here?? Those two or three people that was there looked at him and started laughing and said what is pop?? Dad said you know a pepsi,coke!! They said oh you mean a soda!! Well dad grined b/c they knew what he was talking about but dad wanted to have some fun out of them.

So when the guy looked at him and said oh you mean soda!! Dad looked back at him and said no I want some pop!! Dad looked at him and said buddy I don't know what you all call it down here but we call it pop and thats what I want.Dad started grinning again and they both started laughing out loud at the same time!! It was pretty funny and those guys were nice people,we stayed there and talked for about 20 minutes laughing and caring on about everything.

LOL,it was like they were doing that beer commercial about less feeling or taste great but it was pop and soda.lol
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Coke is my preference, Mtn Dew is my second favorite. I do like Pepsi "OK" as long as it's not from a can. I probably drink the equivalent of a 2 liter a day.

My most unfavortie soft drink has to be Mtn Dew Diet. I once upon a time purchased a 20 ounce Diet Mtn Dew by mistake. I didnt realize it until I opened it and took that first swig. If I had to guess what Prestone Antifreeze tastes like, I would guess it tastes like Mt Dew Diet. It's nasty and in the category of crap with RC Cola, IMO.

Back in the day.....

I worked in a small grocery store as a 14-15 yr old part-timer around 1969-1970. The store had a large room in the back just for returned bottles. My main duties were separating and stacking the wood crates that held the Coke, Pepsi, Teem, Frostie Root Beer, Barq's Orange, RC(Royal Crown), etc.

Back in the late 1960's, I want to think that Coca-Cola was available in a 10 ounce glass bottle as well as the smaller 6 1/2 ounce bottle. I think you could get a 10 oz Coke for something like 14 cents. Pepsi came in a 12 ounce bottle for about 16 cents. When Coke and Pepsi went to 16 ounces, the price jump seemed a bit much. lol

Early 1960's. My Dad would take my brother and I to Marcella & Bill's Cafe in Newport, Kentucky on some Saturday afternoons. It felt like a real treat to order and have a Coke on ice in a glass with a bag of potato chips on the side while we played the bowling machine. My brother would always ask for 'Orange' and he would get a bottle of Old Horse Orange Soda with a horse painted on the bottle.
    Last edited by LINEDRIVER; 03-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Turn Off Ads?