Turn Off Ads?

Thread: S. LeCure, J. Avery, S. Watson, J. Smith, and C. Vazquez

S. LeCure, J. Avery, S. Watson, J. Smith, and C. Vazquez

I wasn't quite sure where to put this at, or whether I should start its own thread or maybe be put under another, so in light of all of this, I started my own thread....I have a question or basically questions about three Reds players that all played in the Lower Minor Leagues last seaon. Just basically curious as to how far they develped over the off-season, where you will see them start out this current season, how well they will do during the present season, where they will end up at the end of this current season, and also when it is all said and done in the end, what type of big league career do you think that these young men will amass? I know that that is a lot of questions and also probably a lot of IF's in there as well, but please just try and do ya best if at all possibly. And I haven't been on the boards very much here of late ( I had a lot of personal issues over the last 3-4 months: my Grandpa developed kidney cancer (is having surgery on Monday, please pray or keep him in your thoughts please, my ex-fiance left me about 2 months ago, because of this and a couple other issues, I ended up with a debt that will keep me paying until my early 40's and I am only nearing 28 right now which isn't fun, ok now back to the subject at hand and sorry so much for the sappy post part, just letting everyone know where I was, if anybody noticed at all....hopefully I will be posting more often now....). Ok, the three guys I am curious about are:

P: Camilo Vazquez

P: Jordan Smith

P: Sean Watson

P: James Avery

P: Sam LeCure....(this is the one I am most curious about actually)

Sorry for such the broad topic and question, but I just throught it would be a very interesting thread that could possibly develop into a wider scope and eventually grow and devolop to include more players!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: S. LeCure, J. Avery, S. Watson, J. Smith, and C. Vazquez

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this at, or whether I should start its own thread or maybe be put under another, so in light of all of this, I started my own thread....I have a question or basically questions about three Reds players that all played in the Lower Minor Leagues last seaon. Just basically curious as to how far they develped over the off-season, where you will see them start out this current season, how well they will do during the present season, where they will end up at the end of this current season, and also when it is all said and done in the end, what type of big league career do you think that these young men will amass? I know that that is a lot of questions and also probably a lot of IF's in there as well, but please just try and do ya best if at all possibly. And I haven't been on the boards very much here of late ( I had a lot of personal issues over the last 3-4 months: my Grandpa developed kidney cancer (is having surgery on Monday, please pray or keep him in your thoughts please, my ex-fiance left me about 2 months ago, because of this and a couple other issues, I ended up with a debt that will keep me paying until my early 40's and I am only nearing 28 right now which isn't fun, ok now back to the subject at hand and sorry so much for the sappy post part, just letting everyone know where I was, if anybody noticed at all....hopefully I will be posting more often now....). Ok, the three guys I am curious about are:

P: Camilo Vazquez

P: Jordan Smith

P: Sean Watson

P: James Avery

P: Sam LeCure....(this is the one I am most curious about actually)

Sorry for such the broad topic and question, but I just throught it would be a very interesting thread that could possibly develop into a wider scope and eventually grow and devolop to include more players!!!
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope for the best.

Lecure had a pretty good year in Sarasota. He's gonna be starting in Chattanooga and hopefully continues to progress. The rotation there should be pretty decent actually.

Surprising for the Reds eh?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Back pages on minor league threads, I believe all those prospects were adopted and thus have full info pages in minor league threads.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Sam Lecure has some good stuff if he gains command of it watch out.

Sam needs to only re-create his off speed stuff. When he was in College, pitching against UTA, he looked to be throwing a slurve with devastating effect. He was to play for the Brainerd Blue Thunder the year we drafted him, but had signed and left before I was able to see him pitch in the NWL. Attended one game with Jordan Smith throwing in Montana last summer while up fishing. Good raw power, he will go far. Hit 96 according to the Stalker gun, which is always a couple miles less of a read than you get with the Jugs machine. Yount and Schaler were in the 98-99 range for the 2006 GCL Reds. Yount will be back with his hand hopefully, recovered from the multiple surgeries. Schaler was spending time training with the IMG pros and reported early along with Robbie Nickols and Ryan Williams. Gotta love the enthusiasm of these guys blended with that talent.

Yount and Schaler were in the 98-99 range for the 2006 GCL Reds.
    Are you kidding? Pretty interesting stuff -- did you see them throw?

Yep, sat 1 row behind the gun on both of them. Not enough strikes, plenty of power. Both are big guys. Yount looks like Arnold when he was Mr. Olympia. Schaler hit the first 3 batters he faced. None below 96. Short outing. Yount, who's in his late 20's, had been working as a Fireman, when he signed on as a free-agent last July. Former top rounder, injured the tendons in the palm of his right hand, finally has enough flexibility to open his hand far enough to hold a ball again. Can only open the index and middle finger. The ring and pinkie fingers stay pretty curled up. Had great control the last time I saw him in Sarasota, with the GCL Reds. GCL Pirates were calling the Schaler kid, Mr. 98. For everyone, get down there and see these kids, the Reds have a great future.

Yep, sat 1 row behind the gun on both of them. Not enough strikes, plenty of power. Both are big guys. Yount looks like Arnold when he was Mr. Olympia. Schaler hit the first 3 batters he faced. None below 96. Short outing. Yount, who's in his late 20's, had been working as a Fireman, when he signed on as a free-agent last July. Former top rounder, injured the tendons in the palm of his right hand, finally has enough flexibility to open his hand far enough to hold a ball again. Can only open the index and middle finger. The ring and pinkie fingers stay pretty curled up. Had great control the last time I saw him in Sarasota, with the GCL Reds. GCL Pirates were calling the Schaler kid, Mr. 98. For everyone, get down there and see these kids, the Reds have a great future.
    Wish I could get down there....

I remember Yount as a high Red Sox draftee many moons ago. I think he first tried to come back from his accident as an outfielder. As for Schaler, who woulda thunk he had that kind of gas? He's a college guy, so I can't say I have much confidence he'll corral that stallion....

I was not aware of Yount's outfielder attempt. Could mean that we have a pitching prospect that can hit. It'd be great to see a starter/reliever who's rolling along, stay in the game, and not get pulled because of his poor batting. I think Mike Hampton is the guy who came up with the single season record for the N.L. homeruns for a starting pitcher. There should be a way to teach hitting to these guys. They're athletes aren't they? Hampton pinch runs, once in awhile, as well. One of the Cubs Scout's clocked Schaler at 101 during a pen session at DBU. That, according to a published scouting report. Where's Crash Davis when you need him? I'm looking forward to seeing these guys when I get down there next week to watch the Big League Reds.

Turn Off Ads?