Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Hamilton

Re: Josh Hamilton

If Hamilton is awesome, I will incur a bit of JEALOUSY from my friends for being a Reds fan. THIS NEVER HAPPENS.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Nice start
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

I love this kid. I'm so pumped about him, he's gonna be something special down the road...I can feel it.

sm00th_kw

Wow...one spring training game y'all. Settle down down a bit...

gotta say good for josh, he better keep gettin at bats
    Oh say does that flag banner wave / Over a-a-all that's free / And the home of the land / And the land of the - FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by sm00th_kw View Post
    Wow...one spring training game y'all. Settle down down a bit...
    Yeah but there's nothing wrong with being excited. It's a game and we're not playing so the best we can do is be excited for a kid trying to make a come back who could help our team. I don't care if it's one game I'm pumped about Hamilton and I'm gonna be pumped about him until I have a reason not to be.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

nothing wrong with rooting for someone who's been thru what he's been thru. Thats what baseball is all about ups and downs.

impressive first showing

our defense wasnt too good though, but its nice to see dunn whack another one into the seats

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Everytime I read that, the dumber it sounds.
    Why?

I'm pulling for Josh if for no other reason than the lack of OF prospects in the system after Bruce (not sold yet on Stubbs).

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    Why?
    Conine should NEVER enter the discussion for the OF depth chart. That's the absolute dumbest part of the OF competition. Deno and Hamilton shouldn't be "competing for the 5th OF spot" either. Deno should already be a lock for the 4th spot, at worst. Hamilton should be competing for the 5th spot with Crosby and Hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Conine should NEVER enter the discussion for the OF depth chart. That's the absolute dumbest part of the OF competition. Deno and Hamilton shouldn't be "competing for the 5th OF spot" either. Deno should already be a lock for the 4th spot, at worst. Hamilton should be competing for the 5th spot with Crosby and Hopper.
    I agree completely.

Here, here, from yet another Tar Heel! With the way the Heels are looking going into the final stretch, I may be even more excited (is it possible) for the start of the Reds season!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I love this kid. I'm so pumped about him, he's gonna be something special down the road...I can feel it.

Lets hope we see a made for TV movie somewhere down the road.

Anyone know what Hamiltons defense is like??
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Lets hope we see a made for TV movie somewhere down the road.

Anyone know what Hamiltons defense is like??
    As a propsect, he was noted as being an outstanding defensive outfield, being able to play all 3 positions very well. Plus, he has an absolute cannon for an arm. I read that in high school, he threw out a guy trying to score from 3rd on a sac fly on a ball that was hit to the warning track...just missing a homer. Obviously he wasn't throwing out Freel or a speedster trying to score, but none the less that is an incredible feat to accomplish.

and a question....if you are a team trying to figure out who to keep...Chad Moeller or Josh Hamilton, really, does that even justify a thought? I really hope we don't go down the 3 catchers path again. Freel can catch in emergencies if needed. no reason to waste another spot like we did last year.
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

Turn Off Ads?