Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hamilton crushes....

Hamilton crushes....

one today, in Bradenton musta been a mile over the black batters eye in dead centerfield at Mckechnie with a man on. His swing is worth the price of a tic to see. It's hard not to root for this kid to make the 25, even though it's the first game of ST.
    The Reds have scheduled a 10:00 a.m. "B" game Sunday
    March 4 back here at McKechnie before the regular 1:00
    game and the word is that Homer will start again in the early one.
    Wilson update: it's too early to tell if he makes the 25 or not, but he was throwing hard, free and easy like the opening day pitcher he was a while back. Wouldn't that be something?
    Improved defense? let's go there another day.

more Saturday...

Ga_Red
    The happiest people don't need the best of every-thing; they make the best of everything they have.
    ---
    'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
    but how to dance in the rain.'
    ---

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hamilton crushes....

What constitues "hard" for Wilson at this point, 86?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'm curious about that too. I can't find any mention as to how hard "hard" was. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I think 86 for Wilson would be wonderful for the first game of ST. Marty & Brantley seemed to like what they saw out of Wilson pointing out that he gave up a wind-aided homer and an unearned run due to Freel's error. I can't imagine anyone not pulling for him to make it back; he seems like a first class guy all the way. He's still got a very long way to go, though.

technical question - how did Ga_Red post in the ORG? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    I think 86 for Wilson would be wonderful for the first game of ST. Marty & Brantley seemed to like what they saw out of Wilson pointing out that he gave up a wind-aided homer and an unearned run due to Freel's error. I can't imagine anyone not pulling for him to make it back; he seems like a first class guy all the way. He's still got a very long way to go, though.

technical question - how did Ga_Red post in the ORG? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
    His join date was in 2000.
    Suck it up cupcake.

If you have had ORG access (i.e. 200 or over), you don't lose it until your rep goes below 100 IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Thanks for the report, Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post

This will probably sound awful, but let's go for honesty. I'm not pulling for that. I'm just not.

I want the Reds to have better options for the rotation than Paul Wilson's guttiness and mid 80s stuff with no movement. I don't want the kindness of one more spring training invite for what is, by all accounts, a great guy with tremendous work ethic, to impact the season. I don't see why they can't make him an instructor, and keep him in the organization that way. I don't see how he is remotely a better option than Saarloos, or Belisle, or Lizard. I just don't.

Sorry to be "that guy"...

Nothing wrong with being 'that guy' Mem. Someone has to be the 'voice of reality' around here. Might as well be you getting the bashing. I admit that I agree with you.

GA Red: Nice to see you post something more than a link. Keep it up!

Rem

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    This will probably sound awful, but let's go for honesty. I'm not pulling for that. I'm just not.

I want the Reds to have better options for the rotation than Paul Wilson's guttiness and mid 80s stuff with no movement. I don't want the kindness of one more spring training invite for what is, by all accounts, a great guy with tremendous work ethic, to impact the season. I don't see why they can't make him an instructor, and keep him in the organization that way. I don't see how he is remotely a better option than Saarloos, or Belisle, or Lizard. I just don't.

I completely agree. Saarloos is hands down a better option than Wilson. Granted it's still early and anything can happen. I thought it was very telling that Wilson had to pitch "like it was game 7 of the World Series" (his quote from the Enquirer) in his spring debut. I applaud him for giving it all he's got but IF THAT is all he's got then the Reds need to move on.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

If he really does have anything left, I only want to see him coming out of the pen. Long relief, set up whatever, but I don't really want to see him starting unless something really bad happens and he's our only option.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post

Then allow me to clarify what I meant. By no means do I want him to make the team just because he's a good guy and tries really hard. If he doesn't deserve to make the trip north and isn't one of the best options for the team, then I don't want him here either. I'm simply pulling for him to earn his way on to the team.

Is that better?

Imagine 2-3 years ago... We would've welcomed Saarloos, Wilson, or Lohse in our rotation, now they are last resorts especially if Bailey pitches great this spring... By June I would love to see this rotation: Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, Lohse, Saarloos...
    "There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great." G.K Charleston

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    Imagine 2-3 years ago... We would've welcomed Saarloos, Wilson, or Lohse in our rotation, now they are last resorts especially if Bailey pitches great this spring... By June I would love to see this rotation: Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, Lohse, Saarloos...
    I think that could be an excellent rotation.
    I have almost no confidence in Milton's spot at all.
    I will root for him as long as he is a Red but I have about as much confidence when he takes the mound as I did in the days of : Hamilton-Anderson-Haynes

BTW...Anderson got rocked in his first cubs outing giving up 4 runs though they were unearned.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I completely agree. Saarloos is hands down a better option than Wilson. Granted it's still early and anything can happen. I thought it was very telling that Wilson had to pitch "like it was game 7 of the World Series" (his quote from the Enquirer) in his spring debut. I applaud him for giving it all he's got but IF THAT is all he's got then the Reds need to move on.
    What if Wilson can come in an be long relief?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?