Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is there any chance...

Is there any chance...

of cable companies (ie, Time Warner) carrying MLB Extra Innings? I know it is exclusive through DirecTV right now. But, is there any chance that changes before or throughout the season? Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is there any chance...

Depends on the FCC ruling [which I haven't paid attention to].

I wouldn't expect it though.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

That really stinks! BTW, what is that on your avatar? I can't make it our very well.

As of now, it's not exclusive with Directv. That's why I went with satellite though. The cable company over in NKY doesn't carry it. Cable companies have the option to carry it right now, the exclusive contract has not been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    That really stinks! BTW, what is that on your avatar? I can't make it our very well.
    It's a scene from the film Exorcist III. It's an entity of some sort with a large pair of shears coming up behind a nurse.

I am going to get Dish and buy their sports package which has all of the FSN's and NESN and others. I think it costs 5.95 or something like that. I think you can do that on Direct TV as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    I am going to get Dish and buy their sports package which has all of the FSN's and NESN and others. I think it costs 5.95 or something like that. I think you can do that on Direct TV as well
    But all those other games are blacked out.

So, I guess I just need to call my cable provider and find out if they have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    But all those other games are blacked out.
    yah, found that out the hard way. Where I lived before, I did that and Fox pittsburg was the local deal so I didn't get to see the Reds. I moved just a few miles and like a dummy I got the package again.There is no reason to get the package if you are a baseball fan. fortunately now the local Fox net is foxcin.I get to watch the Reds. All you get with the package is lots of infomercials and blackouts during pro sports broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    Yes, do NOT DO THAT if you want to watch professional sports on those channels. Any kind of professional sports teams are blacked out.

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

I heard an advertisement this morning for a Time Warner baseball package here in San Antonio. I'm pretty sure they advertised that you can view every game if you pay the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Krash View Post
    of cable companies (ie, Time Warner) carrying MLB Extra Innings? I know it is exclusive through DirecTV right now. But, is there any chance that changes before or throughout the season? Thanks.
    MLB has not officially announced their plans for Extra Innings this year. They'd like to give the deal exclusively to Directv but they've had some opposition from fans, Congressmen and the FCC. They're taking this down to the wire with Opening Day less than a month away.

Turn Off Ads?