Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apartment owner sueing Lidle's family

Hybrid View

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Apartment owner sueing Lidle's family

Link Here

Apparently, the guy suing has a history of being a jerk.

http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/...ist-241011.php A choice word or two in the link

Re: Apartment owner sueing Lidle's family

The NTSB's final report about the crash stated that the investigation could not determine who was at the controls of the plane. Therefore, it's impossible to say who was at fault.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Surely insurance would cover whatever damages were caused by the plane. I wonder why he feels a lawsuit is necessary.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    Surely insurance would cover whatever damages were caused by the plane. I wonder why he feels a lawsuit is necessary.
    Maybe he doesn't feel it's necessary and simply wants to cash in.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Or get a little attention.

Sounds like he's a peach of a guy.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Yep. Not everyday that a multi-millionaire crashes into your apartment. I am sure Mr. Dentist realizes that Lidle was very rich and probably has heard that his widow got a nice life insurance settlement.

Rob Zombie once wrote a song tiled "Scum of the Earth". I think this guy can have his name and picture placed next to this song. It seems appropriate to me.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Big deal. So he's sueing. In today's world it would be more surprising that he wasn't. Maybe he feels he's endured more 'pain and suffering' than the insurance is willing to pay for so he's going to court.

Rem
    Last edited by remdog; 03-02-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    The NTSB's final report about the crash stated that the investigation could not determine who was at the controls of the plane. Therefore, it's impossible to say who was at fault.
    If so, suit should be filed against anyone who may have been at the controls.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Funny that he isn't suing the family of the flight instructer. Surely he isn't suing Lidle's family because they have deep pockets?
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Funny that he isn't suing the family of the flight instructer. Surely he isn't suing Lidle's family because they have deep pockets?
    That's the best point made against this suit and a very good question to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Or it may be that the flight instructor's contract with Lidle specifically stated that the contractor assumed all potential future liabilities for any accident that occurred while he was in Lidle's employ.

We don't have anywhere close to enough facts to draw conclusions as to whether or not the apartment owner is 'in the right' for filing his suit, but RB's points are an excellent summation of what could be going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Actually, the suit should be filed against who owned the plane, Lidle. If you own a car, and let someone drive it, and they are in a wreck, the car is covered by YOUR insurance company. I assume the samething goes for airplanes.

This was ruled as pilot error. They forgot to fill the plane with gas before take off, if my memory is correct.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Actually, the suit should be filed against who owned the plane, Lidle. If you own a car, and let someone drive it, and they are in a wreck, the car is covered by YOUR insurance company. I assume the samething goes for airplanes.

This was ruled as pilot error. They forgot to fill the plane with gas before take off, if my memory is correct.
    Actually, the suit should be filed against whoever may have been negligent or otherwise at fault. Again, I am applying W. Va. law here, since it is where I practice, but, assuming the state law to be applied is similar to that of W. Va., you generally should name as defendants anyone whom you have a good faith basis to assert may be liable.
    With all respect, George is flat out wrong in his implied assertion that if there is an automoblie accident the person to sue is the owner of the car, not the driver. Yes, in W. Va., the primary duty to defend generally rests with the insurer of the car, not the insurer of the negligent driver-----but you don't sue the insurance company, you sue the negligent party.
    If you only sue the owner, then you will need to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence, that the owner was guilty of neglegent trustment or some other act of negligence which should make the owner legally responsible for the driver's negligent driving, and you then still have to prove that the driver was negligent.
    Sue the driver directly, and negligent entrustment is not an issue, at least with regard to him or her--just carry your burden of proving that the driver was at fault. Yes, the driver will just be defended by the owner's insurer, but secondary coverage will also be owed by the driver's insurer.
    There is also the possibility that coverage under the owner's policy may be limited for the driver. For example, I have a case right now where the alleged negligent driver, son of the owner, was expressly excluded from coverage under the owner's policy. The owner's insurer therefore only has to arguably provide state minimum limits of $20,000 rather than the normal policy limits of $100,000. In this case the alleged negligent driver; his father, the vehicle owner; and his alleged employer have all been sued over the motor vehicle accident. The primary duty to defend rests first with the insurer of the owner, and then with the insurer of the driver. The alleged employer has denied that the driver was its employee or agent, but has its own coverage. Then there is the insurer who provided underinsurance coverage to the injured party himself.
    Again, you should name as defendants anyone whom you have a good faith basis to assert may be liable.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    They forgot to fill the plane with gas before take off, if my memory is correct.
    Incorrect. There was plenty of fuel, as the fire and damage would attest. The NTSB ruled that the wind pushed the plane toward the building, and the pilot (whomever that might have been) falied to compensate.
    Makes all the routine posts.

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Incorrect. There was plenty of fuel, as the fire and damage would attest. The NTSB ruled that the wind pushed the plane toward the building, and the pilot (whomever that might have been) falied to compensate.

"
    "While early reports had Lidle's plane sending out a fuel-related distress call, later investigation proved that false. There was no call."

quote form howstuffworks.com

.....I knew I read it somewhere, I did not know they changed their story.
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

Turn Off Ads?