Pos Edit Pitchers Edit Opp Status IP W SV K ERA WHIP
    SP Roy Oswalt (Hou - SP)
    SP Aaron Harang (Cin - SP)
    RP Joel Zumaya (Det - RP)
    RP Todd Coffey (Cin - RP)
    P Rich Harden (Oak - SP)
    P Barry Zito (SF - SP)
    P Derek Lowe (LAD - SP)

OK, that is the team I just got in an autodraft. First thing I noticed is that I have no set closers. If Zumaya or Coffey are given these spots, and hold them down, then they might be able to hold a middle of the pack save position. However, neither is in that spot yet, so I'll need to make a move.

Will Derrick Turnbow return as closer in Milwaukee? He sucked last year, but they still gave him the ball in the 9th and he got a decent amount of saves. the other option on the waiver wire is Solomon Torres, but I doubt he sees many saves this year.

Are there any other closer under the radar, similar to Paplebon last year (OK someone won't emerge like that again, but you get the drift).

It appears that I got some name starting pitchers which should enable me to make a move or 2. I'm not a big fan of Thome since's he's locked into the utility role, so I wouldn't mind trading him for an equal OF spot opening up my utility spot as a flex spot.

I like Huff to bounce back this year, plus he'll give some flex off the bench, otherwise I could take or leave my bench (other than potentially EE depending on how his spring/early season goes). Seems like my starting offense is a pretty good blend of speed, power & average. I think it should bode well for a 5x5. I'd prefer a little more roster flex (ie guys off the bench that can fill in multiple spots for the off days and injuries), would picking up Aurilla (all infield spots) be worth it? Anyone else that might be a regular, put up decent numbers and play multiple positions?

Any trade ideas or thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need some relief ideas as well as team improvement ideas

Here is my view. First, I hate the autodraft. My teams have 9 pitchers & only 3 bench players. The bench players & the utility player has to cover every defensive position. Your team does not have a back-up at 2b & ss. I'm a big Thome fan, but he can't cover a position. I would trade him. Also, Encarnacion or Huff & Griffey or Cuddyer need to be traded. Try to acquire Freddy Sanchez, Julio Lugo, Felipe Lopez or any other player that can play more than one infield position. The other 2 openings should be closers. I am not a big fan of D. Lowe either. As for the Brewers, F Cordero will be their closers. Good Luck

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Look for a guy like Mike Gonzalez if hes still available. I was considering drafting him with my last pick in my live draft and hoping hed get a few save opps, but decided against it.

I also picked up Otsuka late on a whim that Gagne probably won't be working out.

Broxton. Broxton. Broxton.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Broxton. Broxton. Broxton.
    I agree here. Broxton was terrific, so if Saito falters even slightly, or ewven loses the job outright, this is a terrific pick you can make late.

Saito's stuff is pretty good, but he's in his mid to late 30's isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I agree here. Broxton was terrific, so if Saito falters even slightly, or ewven loses the job outright, this is a terrific pick you can make late.

Saito's stuff is pretty good, but he's in his mid to late 30's isn't he?
    37 or something like that.

thanks. I prefer the autodraft b/c I feel a live baseball draft is too long. besides every year I've done this w/ complete unknowns in random yahoo leagues, so its mostly for fun and to garner a higher knowledge of baseball beyond my Reds.

I'll look for Broxton. I don't particularly care for my bench much either, but its what I got. Thanks.

Turn Off Ads?