Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst Buy: Best Buy Confirms It Has Secret Web Site

Re: Worst Buy: Best Buy Confirms It Has Secret Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Well if you know you are stupid then it's a good purchase.
    I wouldn't say stupid, I just think a warranty on a laptop is a must. I would recommend anyone getting a laptop to get the top warranty because even if nothing happens you can still get a new battery and other parts at the end of the warranty that will prolong the life of the computer (and be about the same value as the cost of the warranty). I use my laptop extensively and run some heavy duty programs so I knew I would run the laptop into the ground. That's why I got the warranty. Sure enough the first time the motherboard failed was not my fault, it was a defect (still under basic warranty). Then I dropped it once and really messed it up and got it fixed for free. Then, a few parts failed after 2 and a half years just because of usage. I guess I made it sound like I was being stupid in my previous post but only once did I actually drop it.

If you baby a laptop and don't use it for much more than word processing and internet then an extended full service warranty is pointless. If you use if every day extensively and run large programs on it that wear it out then I wouldn't think twice about getting the warranty. I still say it's the best purchase I ever made. And the cost of the warranty is very close to the cost of replacing a battery, wireless card, and maybe a couple other pieces of hardware that will naturally wear with time. If you want to get those pieces replaced after 4 years to prolong the life of your laptop (I've found they need it) then the warranty really makes sense.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Alright, you obviously HAVEN'T worked at Best Buy. They push people so hard they made people quit! They have numbers on yellow signs at the front of the store and if your FLOOR TEAM doesn't meet the goals posted in the allocated time frame, the manager is gonna have you head that night at closing. It's disgusting.

By the way, Circuit City hasn't been on commission in about 4 years...
    I wouldn't say it's disgusting. They're just trying to make money, if you don't like it don't shop their. I don't think they are having trouble keeping busy. I honestly have never had a problem with people being pushy with me at a Best Buy. I think all of this is random, it just depends on the person working there. Some people say Circuit City is pushy some love it, some think Best Buy is pushy, some don't. I just think it's different from store to store.

I bought my extended warranty through Toshiba, instead of the purchasing store. They have a repair center on my way to work, and got 3 years for about $120 bucks on a $1200 laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    If you can show you know more about the products than the sales guys, you'll get left alone. They don't want to look like they don't know what they are talking about.
    So so true.

The other day I was in Best Buy and overheard 2 Best Buy employees talking to a guy about blueray/hd-dvd, they seemed to know their stuff until the guy asked if a player existed that could play both, both guys say no no no way, it's impossible.

Such a player does exist, and what makes it better is, the player was on sale in the best buy ad one of the employees was holding
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?