Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Game #1 - LOOKING GOOD MILTON!!!!

Spring Game #1 - LOOKING GOOD MILTON!!!!

IP H R ER BB SO HR
    E Milton 2 6 2 2 1 0 2

Looks like opening day form already!!!

That is the best $25M ever spent!!!

WOW, that was THE WORST FA ACQUISITION, EVER!!!! Bring a guy prone for giving up the HR ball into THE BIGGEST Homer Park in all of MLB.

PEACE

-BLEEDS

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Spring Game #1 - LOOKING GOOD MILTON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    IP H R ER BB SO HR
    E Milton 2 6 2 2 1 0 2

WOW, that was THE WORST FA ACQUISITION, EVER!!!! Bring a guy prone for giving up the HR ball into THE BIGGEST Homer Park in all of MLB.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Mo Vaughn and Chan Ho Park really disagree with that statement.

For a Level Playing Field

Actually Eric Milton has not pitched on Opening Day in his two years with the REDS. However, he was the winner both times in his first start for the REDS in 2005 and 2006. Therefore, "his Opening Day" for the REDS each year has been good enough for a 2-0 record, a 3.65 ERA and a 1.22 WHIP. One of those wins was against a possible Hall-of-Famer named Tom Glavine. Both starts were in a place some call THE BIGGEST Homer Park in all of MLB.

But I don't want to come across as a Milton-ite... not a popular thing to be on this site! Just stating fact.

It's amazing how the opposing hitters beg to be on the lineup card and run for the bat rack when the see Uncle Miltie's on the hill!

Start Homer and Saarlos... NOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    IP H R ER BB SO HR
    E Milton 2 6 2 2 1 0 2

PEACE

-BLEEDS

I'm looking for the dead horse, I know I left him around here somewhere. Oh that's right he's hanging out with Dunn strikes out too much and the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I'm looking for the dead horse, I know I left him around here somewhere. Oh that's right he's hanging out with Dunn strikes out too much and the trade.
    I found him! :deadhorse

Bleeds gets rep. I relish newcomers slamming Milton. It never, ever gets old. I figure if enough fans go down to the ball orchard and boo that bag of crap off the field, the organization will be embarrassed into removing him from the rotation. Because his suck-ass performance so far hasn't been enough to keep them from taking bite after bite from that feces sandwich.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 03-03-2007 at 07:48 PM.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

For a Level Playing Field

boo that bag of crap off the field... his suck-ass performance... that feces sandwich.
    Worth the money he gets? No. Could the money have been better spent? Yep. Perhaps even Dan O'Brien would agree at this point. Can the REDS do better? Sure. They could do better at any rotation spot but Harang & Arroyo.

Eric Milton had an 8-8 record last season. A better winning percentage than the team's overall record (80-82). Was his 8-8 record lucky? Or could it have been better with a bit of help from the other 24 guys on the roster (WHAT?!?)? Let's take a look at a few facts without overusing adjectives...

* 6 quality starts without a win.
    * Got 3 of his 8 losses in quality start games.
    * Only 1 win in a game where he did not register a quality start.

6 games where he pitched a QS and did not get the win
    * REDS scored a total of 13 runs (2.17 R/G).
    * Milton gives up 0 ER in two of the starts and gives up 1ER in 8IP in another and takes the loss when the REDS get blanked by B. Webb.
    * One of the games the REDS get held in check by a guy making his 1st ML start (Carlos Marmol).
    * One of the games the REDS get no-hit by G. Maddux in 6IP in his 1st Dodgers start.
    * REDS bullpen:
    >> 13IP, 20H, 16ER, 8K, 8BB
    >> 13.85 ERA ; 2.15 WHIP.
    * Eric Milton:
    >> 40IP, 34H, 12ER, 28K, 5BB, 3HRA
    >> 2.70 ERA ; 0.98 WHIP.
    * 5 of those 6 games were played at home where many think Milton is a real problem!

There was a lot of REDS crap on the field during six of Milton's starts (23% of his total starts), but it wasn't Eric Milton. I am not asking for rep... just stating fact. Just the facts, not the feces. Oh... not a Milton-ite, just stating fact.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Worth the money he gets? No. Could the money have been better spent? Yep. Perhaps even Dan O'Brien would agree at this point. Can the REDS do better? Sure. They could do better at any rotation spot but Harang & Arroyo.

Eric Milton had an 8-8 record last season. A better winning percentage than the team's overall record (80-82). Was his 8-8 record lucky? Or could it have been better with a bit of help from the other 24 guys on the roster (WHAT?!?)? Let's take a look at a few facts without overusing adjectives...

* 6 quality starts without a win.
    * Got 3 of his 8 losses in quality start games.
    * Only 1 win in a game where he did not register a quality start.

6 games where he pitched a QS and did not get the win
    * REDS scored a total of 13 runs (2.17 R/G).
    * Milton gives up 0 ER in two of the starts and gives up 1ER in 8IP in another and takes the loss when the REDS get blanked by B. Webb.
    * One of the games the REDS get held in check by a guy making his 1st ML start (Carlos Marmol).
    * One of the games the REDS get no-hit by G. Maddux in 6IP in his 1st Dodgers start.
    * REDS bullpen:
    >> 13IP, 20H, 16ER, 8K, 8BB
    >> 13.85 ERA ; 2.15 WHIP.
    * Eric Milton:
    >> 40IP, 34H, 12ER, 28K, 5BB, 3HRA
    >> 2.70 ERA ; 0.98 WHIP.
    * 5 of those 6 games were played at home where many think Milton is a real problem!

There was a lot of REDS crap on the field during six of Milton's starts (23% of his total starts), but it wasn't Eric Milton. I am not asking for rep... just stating fact. Just the facts, not the feces. Oh... not a Milton-ite, just stating fact.
    Wins and quality starts are your "facts?" Do you build all your arguments on the marshmallows they put in powdered hot cocoa?

When Eric Milton's "mediocre" outweighs his "atrocious" you'll make some headway in the argument. I don't subscribe to the idea that it's a particularly good use of my time to pull out the handful of starts when he wasn't awful and place them side-by-side with the mountain of horrendous starts the guy's had for the Reds and feeling warm and cozy, or even, for that matter, doing justice to the "facts" as you put it. The FACT (all caps) is that Eric Milton has been a top-ten FA bust in this decade. FACT. And he deserves every bile-filled excoriation he gets on this site and at the stadium for not retiring and continuing on in his pathetic charade of a career.

The more often Milton is dragged over the coals perhaps the more ire they'll be at the ballpark, and the more ire at the ballpark may actually get in the head of Jerry Narron that something has to be done about allowing Eric MIlton to start ballgames for my favorite team. I prefer proactive to reactive approaches, but at this point, I'm pretty desperate not to watch another season of Milton getting 25+ starts for my favorite team. Fans deserve better. I personally don't care if YOU don't see better options in your quest for "facts."
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Bleeds gets rep. I relish newcomers slamming Milton. It never, ever gets old. I figure if enough fans go down to the ball orchard and boo that bag of crap off the field, the organization will be embarrassed into removing him from the rotation. Because his suck-ass performance so far hasn't been enough to keep them from taking bite after bite from that feces sandwich.
    So rule #5 is just a suggestion?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So rule #5 is just a suggestion?
    Count the Milton-bashing threads.

Then count the Marty & Dunn threads. Yeah, they ain't even comparable.

Plus, this guy's post has a timely and relevant component--Milton's pitching line from the other day. It wasn't exactly "random."

Count the Milton-bashing threads.

Then count the Marty & Dunn threads. Yeah, they ain't even comparable.

Plus, this guy's post has a timely and relevant component--Milton's pitching line from the other day. It wasn't exactly "random."
    I was thinking more of the "excessive" part. If someone called Dunn a "bag of crap" or a "suck-ass" the board would probably consume that person with fire. But you're well liked on the board and Milton is not so I'm sure it's fine. I was only half serious anyway.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I was thinking more of the "excessive" part. If someone called Dunn a "bag of crap" or a "suck-ass" the board would probably consume that person with fire. But you're well liked on the board and Milton is not so I'm sure it's fine. I was only half serious anyway.
    That's my point: it's not really excessive. Certainly not excessive when compared to other topics that get beaten into the ground on this site (and yet aren't closed or people aren't necessarily reprimanded for their participation in such). It has nothing to do with people "liking me." Trust me on that one.

Okay, maybe I could have chosen different words to describe Milton's "subpar" performances.

Okay, maybe I could have chosen different words to describe Milton's "subpar" performances.

Just a...tad harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Just a...tad harsh.
    Yeah. But there's nothing harsher than the FO foisting him upon the fans for 25+ starts. All things considered, I'd say we fans have been beyond magnanimous lo these two seasons.

Turn Off Ads?