Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: This Should Be Sticked for life!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,397

    This Should Be Sticked for life!

    http://www.thegamelive.com/index.php

    Gives every sport and every teams online radio stations! I noticed it around the site alot but people still ask where do you find these thinks well here you go this is be sticked for everyone to know juss where to listen to the reds for free!
    <a href=http://www.signaturebar.com/><img src=http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/51550.gif border=0></a>

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,656

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by NatiRedGals View Post
    http://www.thegamelive.com/index.php

    Gives every sport and every teams online radio stations! I noticed it around the site alot but people still ask where do you find these thinks well here you go this is be sticked for everyone to know juss where to listen to the reds for free!
    While it is true that not every affiliate station complies with Major League Baseball's requirement to de-activate their online audio stream whenever baseball is being played, I don't know whether it's such a great idea to be encouraging people to circumvent MLB.com's system for legally listening to games over the internet.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  4. #3
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,783

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    While it is true that not every affiliate station complies with Major League Baseball's requirement to de-activate their online audio stream whenever baseball is being played, I don't know whether it's such a great idea to be encouraging people to circumvent MLB.com's system for legally listening to games over the internet.
    While that may be slightly true, I think its ridiculous that becuase I dont live in a city I cant listen to a radio stations broadcast online simply because there is a sporting event on it and they want to make money. I live in Cincinnati so I can pick up WLW fine, but I personally think its stupid that they have to disable their internet feed becuase they are broadcasting a Reds game.

  5. #4
    Matt's Dad RANDY IN INDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    I agree.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

    John Wooden

  6. #5
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    I agree.
    Spoken like a guy who lives out of town




    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  7. #6
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,545

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Or you could just use the subscribe feature.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    117

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Kind of like MLB wanting to own Statistics used in fantasy leagues. I think that is up there with the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

    Let me guess does MLB also own the music to the 7th inning stretch? and charge royalties for that too?
    Hey Marty, This is Adam from Milwaukee...

  9. #8
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,656

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    While that may be slightly true, I think its ridiculous that becuase I dont live in a city I cant listen to a radio stations broadcast online simply because there is a sporting event on it and they want to make money. I live in Cincinnati so I can pick up WLW fine, but I personally think its stupid that they have to disable their internet feed becuase they are broadcasting a Reds game.
    It may be stupid, but it is the right of Major League Baseball to dictate how and where their product is distributed. The agreements that stations like WLW sign to broadcast games include provisions that specifically reserve internet broadcasting rights to MLB. They choose to charge for those rights. You can call it stupid, just like you can choose to call anything that costs you money stupid, but that doesn't give you the right to steal content or promote the stealing of content.

    IMO, its bad for RZ to have people and posts promoting this sort of thing -- just as it was bad for RZ to have people posting copyrighted content from BA on the minor league forums.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    It may be stupid, but it is the right of Major League Baseball to dictate how and where their product is distributed. The agreements that stations like WLW sign to broadcast games include provisions that specifically reserve internet broadcasting rights to MLB. They choose to charge for those rights. You can call it stupid, just like you can choose to call anything that costs you money stupid, but that doesn't give you the right to steal content or promote the stealing of content.

    IMO, its bad for RZ to have people and posts promoting this sort of thing -- just as it was bad for RZ to have people posting copyrighted content from BA on the minor league forums.
    Sorry i have used this since spring training last year and listen to almost every game if im not near a radio i use this like last nights game was on thanks to this website i got to listen to it. Sorry if i did anything to promote something wrong i was juss helping people who cant afford it or cant listen to it !
    <a href=http://www.signaturebar.com/><img src=http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/51550.gif border=0></a>

  11. #10
    Member durl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashvull
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    It may be stupid, but it is the right of Major League Baseball to dictate how and where their product is distributed. The agreements that stations like WLW sign to broadcast games include provisions that specifically reserve internet broadcasting rights to MLB. They choose to charge for those rights. You can call it stupid, just like you can choose to call anything that costs you money stupid, but that doesn't give you the right to steal content or promote the stealing of content.
    Good points. Still...

    What makes it so hard for me to swallow is that MLB seems to do whatever it can to limit it's exposure to it's dwindling fan base. The prime example of baseball's lack of common sense was it's attempt to stop people from using Slingboxes to watch their teams when away from home. Sure, people could use the devices to let friends in other markets see games but come on...

  12. #11
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    I just used this for the WLW feed. They cut it out and switched to music after a disclaimer saying XM won't let them air the game.

    I guess I'm gonna have to break out the staticky radio again.

  13. #12
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,118

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    What makes it so hard for me to swallow is that MLB seems to do whatever it can to limit it's exposure to it's dwindling fan base.
    I think thats more frustration talking than reality...
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  14. #13
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,118

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by NatiRedGals View Post
    Sorry i have used this since spring training last year and listen to almost every game if im not near a radio i use this like last nights game was on thanks to this website i got to listen to it. Sorry if i did anything to promote something wrong i was juss helping people who cant afford it or cant listen to it !

    Gameday Audio is only $14.95 for a full year. I suspect people who can't afford that also can't afford an internet connection.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fairfield
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Gameday Audio is only $14.95 for a full year. I suspect people who can't afford that also can't afford an internet connection.
    If someone can find them a wireless card they can use wireless internet ..
    <a href=http://www.signaturebar.com/><img src=http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/51550.gif border=0></a>

  16. #15
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,054

    Re: This Should Be Sticked for life!

    Quote Originally Posted by NatiRedGals View Post
    If someone can find them a wireless card they can use wireless internet ..
    ...which is also stealing.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25