Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Today's B game

Reds1990

Today's B game

Anyone seen today's lineup for the B game?I assume Arroyo made it up in time to make the first pitch!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Today's B game

Any Score Yet Please.

Arroyo was "sick" and didnt make the trip. Michael Gosling started that game.

I Know Is Their Any Score Yet?

From Trent's blog:

B game report -- our men still unstoppable

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Got our results from the B game, which doesn't count anywhere but in our hearts. And even there, the Mighty Redlegs can't be beat. The BReds beat the B-Pirates 5-0 in 6. Dewayne Wise was 2-for-2 with 2 RBIs. Michael Gosling -- in for Bronson Arroyo, suffering from "flu-like symptoms" (no word if it's the same flu he suffered with on media day in Pittsbrugh for the All-Star Game last year) -- started, went 2 innings, gave up a walk and a hit and struck out 3 B-Pirates. David Weathers, in his spring debut, 1 inning, 1 hit, 2 walks, 1 K. Phil Dumatrait, 2 innings, 1 hit, 2 Ks. Jared Burton, 1 inning, 1 K.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    From Trent's blog:

B game report -- our men still unstoppable

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Got our results from the B game, which doesn't count anywhere but in our hearts. And even there, the Mighty Redlegs can't be beat. The BReds beat the B-Pirates 5-0 in 6. Dewayne Wise was 2-for-2 with 2 RBIs. Michael Gosling -- in for Bronson Arroyo, suffering from "flu-like symptoms" (no word if it's the same flu he suffered with on media day in Pittsbrugh for the All-Star Game last year) -- started, went 2 innings, gave up a walk and a hit and struck out 3 B-Pirates. David Weathers, in his spring debut, 1 inning, 1 hit, 2 walks, 1 K. Phil Dumatrait, 2 innings, 1 hit, 2 Ks. Jared Burton, 1 inning, 1 K.
    Is Trent suggesting Bronson was hungover this morning?
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

That's affirmative.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Can he be stopped?

This from John Fay:

Bronson Arroyo didn't make the start against the Pirates in the "B" game. He's sick. In fact, he's napping on training table in Ed Smith Stadium complex as we speak.

Michael Gosling started instead
    Can't tell if he's napping because of a hangover or napping because of the flu... who knows?
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    This from John Fay:

Can't tell if he's napping because of a hangover or napping because of the flu... who knows?
    In his defense, the flu bug IS going around. I've been sick all weekend

If he has the flu shouldn't he be somewhere other than the locker room--it's a contagious disease after all.
    Win the Division

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    In his defense, the flu bug IS going around. I've been sick all weekend
    Training table sounds about right. Surprised he made it that far. I was napping on the floor Friday night for a bout a half-hour after suffering "flu-like symptoms" myself.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Thanks for the "B" game report. Anyone find a box score anywhere?
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Turn Off Ads?