Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft Strategy

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Draft Strategy

Holy cow, how does Jason Bay last until the 5th round? Do your friends want to join my league?

I like Delmon Young a lot, but most of the guys you have there are good at this point in the draft.

I would say to take Dunn, but I can't forgive him for last year. I cut him he was so bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Holy cow, how does Jason Bay last until the 5th round? Do your friends want to join my league?

I like Delmon Young a lot, but most of the guys you have there are good at this point in the draft.

I would say to take Dunn, but I can't forgive him for last year. I cut him he was so bad.

HAHAHA some of the guys that have fallen in this draft leave me shaking my head. I'll almost feel bad taking their money.

I want Dunn so that I can have a Red on my team. Unfortunately the league stat is AVG rather than OBP so that is his main problem. Ironically the commissioner of the league is an A's fan and claims to have read Moneyball 4 times. Of course he is also the one that grabbed Harang out from under me....

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

My draft strategy is simple.

Catchers. Lots and lots of catchers.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

So you got that going for ya.

I want Dunn so that I can have a Red on my team. Unfortunately the league stat is AVG rather than OBP so that is his main problem. Ironically the commissioner of the league is an A's fan and claims to have read Moneyball 4 times. Of course he is also the one that grabbed Harang out from under me....
    Dude- stay away from Dunn if you play in a league that doesn't count OBP.

I would want no part of that. None. Zilch. Nada. While you wait arouind of rht ehimerun, your batting average is going to plummet like an anvil off a cliff.

If you are looking for a Red, take Arroyo or Harang, or heck, even Ryan Freel will get you some stolen bases.

And get both Putz and Broxton if you can. Lots of K's per 9.

I also like Stephen Drew a lot, but he seemed to inherit the "day to day" bug along with his brother. I'm guessing their father was a dock worker somewhere whose job was saved by the union because he couldn't come to work everyday.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 03-08-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    My draft strategy is simple.

Thanks for the input, Wayne.

Alright - draft is finally over. Here is my team. Let me know what you guys think.

C – Ramon Hernandez
    1B – Ryan Howard
    2B – Dan Uggla
    3B – Miguel Cabrera
    SS - Stephen Drew
    CI – Prince Fielder
    MI – Felipe Lopez
    OF - Carl Crawford
    OF – Matt Holliday
    OF – Bobby Abreu
    UTIL – Alex Rios
    UTIL – Edwin Encarnacion