Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cereal Discontinued?

Hybrid View

Favorite Cereal Discontinued?

Has anyone ever had their favorite cereal discontinued?

Kellogg's has done it to me twice now. First, they got rid of Nut 'n' Honey Crunch (which was different from their current Toasted Honey Crunch), and now they've replaced their Cran-Vanilla Crunch, which I found to be the greatest cereal ever invented, in favor of Caramel Nut Crunch. Why do they do this to me?
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Re: Favorite Cereal Discontinued?

Team Flakes. I think I only liked them because they printed baseball cards on the back of the box in the early 70's. I'm a Wheaties fan. Wheaties with sliced banana's. Love 'em.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quisp
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Quisp
    I just bought some Quisp last year at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield. I was shocked to see it myself. Not sure if they STILL make it, but they did as of last year.

Quisp
    I remember when they had the competition between Quisp and Quake where you got to vote. The loser (Quake) was discontinued. Then later there was King Vitamin (which is still around).

I remember Kelloggs being promoted by Hanna Barbera characters alot.

We took a family vacation one summer up to Michigan and while there stopped in Battle Creek and did a tour of the Kelloggs plant. Quite interesting. Then afterwards they gave everyone one of those "snack packs" with all the little boxes of cereal. I remember us kids complaining because the packs had stuff like Special K, Product 19, etc. (Blah!) ...... and we wanted the good stuff, like Fruit Loops and Apple Jacks!

Others I remember....

They're still around, but as a kid I loved "I want my" Maypo!

Last edited by GAC; 03-05-2007 at 04:57 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quisp
    Like someone else mentioned, we never had sugary cereals at our house either...but Gramma's house was another story. I can remember eating Quisp at Gramma's with two big scoops of brown sugar on it. It almost makes me lapse into a sugar coma just thinking about it now...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Not discontinued, but ridiculously hard to find are Frankenberry and Boo-berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Very few places carry it across the whole country. You can order Boo Berry off Amazon.com, but only in cases of 6.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Target and Super-Walmarts carry them (my guess is that with General Mills HQ and Target HQ in Minneapolis they made some mephistophelan deal). My vote is for Whole Foods house brand made the best whole grain flakes - until they changed the product and the ingredients in 2006 - and they were under $2.00. I have yet to find a suitable replacement.
    Last edited by Betterread; 03-04-2007 at 09:51 PM.

You can still find Quisp now and then.

Off topic: I can't believe how small some of the cereal boxes are getting.

We weren't allowed to have sugar cereals when I was a kid. My grandmother used to get Freakies for me when I visited.

"I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

Homer's Cinnamon Donut Cereal.

I bought two boxes, one to eat and one to save. The cereal was actually very, very tasty.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I've been kicking around the name in my brain for months, and cannot recall it.
    I remember getting it in the late '70s, early '80s - it was a bran flake cereal almost literally drowned in maple syrup - I want to say the name was Maple Syrup Crunch, but I am not sure if that is right. I do remember it coming in a dark brownish box.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    I've been kicking around the name in my brain for months, and cannot recall it.
    I remember getting it in the late '70s, early '80s - it was a bran flake cereal almost literally drowned in maple syrup - I want to say the name was Maple Syrup Crunch, but I am not sure if that is right. I do remember it coming in a dark brownish box.
    I seem to remember this bran-flakey goodness with a nice maple syrup glaze.

Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Pac-Man Cereal
    Basically, it was a lightly frosted KIX like cereal with Pac-Man and ghost marshmellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I seem to remember this bran-flakey goodness with a nice maple syrup glaze.

That's it! Wow...I was not even close with the name.

Turn Off Ads?