Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 1st Weekend of ST Games

1st Weekend of ST Games

Okay, so things are REALLY early on, but listening to the last 4 games on the radio has been awesome! There's actual baseball action taking place that we can discuss rather than just numbers, stats, and sheer projections. Besides that I think the team has played great! We've won all the games and most of them in grand fashion. The opposing teams have barely scored meaning good pitching and defense (for the most part) and we've been tearing up the basepass with explosive offense (which everyone assumed would be our weakness). It seems there's alot to be excited about coming out of this 1st weekend of games.

Which leads to my question... what are you most excited and/or surprised to see from the recent Reds baseball action?

-Personally, I'm super excited about the play of Josh Hamilton - I hope it keeps up. I also enjoyed the pitching performances of Livingston & Saarlos. I was totally on the Keppinger bandwagon until his unfortunate injury today - he was batting something like .750... !!! Maybe by the time he comes off the DL and gets back into form the FO will have wised up and replace Castro w/ him.... a girl can dream, huh ;-)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: 1st Weekend of ST Games

Spring training wins are as valuable as fool's gold and as fleeting as crocuses (croci?). It's OK to be optimistic, but extrapolating ST results to an entire season is a recipe for heartbreak.

I'm just glad to see that the 2007 Reds don't seem to have a thick coating of rust that will take most of March to scrub away.
    /r/reds

It's just exciting to have baseball back. Really looking forward to April. Hopefully there won't be any more significant injuries

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by hippie07 View Post

Which leads to my question... what are you most excited and/or surprised to see from the recent Reds baseball action?

-Personally, I'm super excited about the play of Josh Hamilton - I hope it keeps up. I also enjoyed the pitching performances of Livingston & Saarlos. I was totally on the Keppinger bandwagon until his unfortunate injury today - he was batting something like .750... !!! Maybe by the time he comes off the DL and gets back into form the FO will have wised up and replace Castro w/ him.... a girl can dream, huh ;-)
    The names you mentioned.Actually about all the guys are swinging the bats well.Hey I know the wins-losses in ST mean nothing but I just love listening to baseball so much that naturally I hope they win whether Phillips is playing or Janish.
    Hamilton....I think this kid could be what I had hoped Kearns would be (or more). I am not saying that because of 15 swings but rather the ability the kid had/has.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Spring training wins are as valuable as fool's gold and as fleeting as crocuses (croci?). It's OK to be optimistic, but extrapolating ST results to an entire season is a recipe for heartbreak.

I'm just glad to see that the 2007 Reds don't seem to have a thick coating of rust that will take most of March to scrub away.
    You know I'm getting really sick of all this pessimism. The team is UNDEFEATED. They're the number 1 run scoring team in all of baseball, and with offense like this our pitchers can be slightly below average and we can still win. And one thing that people aren't thinking about or bringing up is that they are doing all of this without Jr. Think of the line up when he gets back. Let's face it Dunn and Hamilton are going to be fighting for the NL MVP all season and Jr. and EE are gonna see great pitches to hit. These teams can't stop us right now.

I just don't see what there is NOT to be excited about. I haven't looked the latest up to date projections yet (they may not come out until tomorrow) but they're probably realistically projected to win what 130-135 games? And that may be slighting them a game or two.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You know I'm getting really sick of all this pessimism. The team is UNDEFEATED. They're the number 1 run scoring team in all of baseball, and with offense like this our pitchers can be slightly below average and we can still win. And one thing that people aren't thinking about or bringing up is that they are doing all of this without Jr. Think of the line up when he gets back. Let's face it Dunn and Hamilton are going to be fighting for the NL MVP all season and Jr. and EE are gonna see great pitches to hit. These teams can't stop us right now.

I just don't see what there is NOT to be excited about. I haven't looked the latest up to date projections yet (they may not come out until tomorrow) but they're probably realistically projected to win what 130-135 games? And that may be slighting them a game or two.
    Yeah! - optimism like this is probably not something that you can back up with statistics, probabilities, and/or predictions, but I'd rather talk about the bright side of the things - especially when we actually have some good things happening on-field to discuss: good pitching, average defense, and great hitting! This is the 1st spring training I can remember where we have so many options - like GOOD options .... I'm excited to see how it all unfolds.... either way I think we'll see a competitor come north!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post

I realize most of the players are minor leaguers, but you know what? It sure beats losing those games!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?