Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is my 13th wedding anniversary

Today is my 13th wedding anniversary

My wife never visits this site, so I doubt she ever reads this.

We've had our ups and downs. The last 4 years have been rough, and we lost sight of each other. For a while we were like strangers lying in the same bed. But it has gotten a lot better.

We have been so focused on our oldest daughter. First it was cheerleading tryouts for the first time, then varsity the next year, then varsity again this year. Now it's tryouts again, but this time in College. Plus we are trying to deal with the fact that she is leaving. We have mixed feelings about that, pride, sadness, excitement.

We have been so focused on our son. It's his first year in high school, and he's had trouble adjusting. He can't seem to take a step back and absorb it all. His grades have been poor, mostly because he can never remember to turn in his work, or do it. What makes it so frustrating is his test grades are almost always A's.

We have been so focused on our youngest daughter. She's a ballerina. She has tremendous natural grace on the dance floor. She's generally quiet in class but can be a pill for us. She has also had some health issues. Like myself, she has asthma. She spent three days in the hospital with pneumonia, and likely could have been hospitalized 3 other times in the past year. But she's a delight to watch on stage.

We are behind on everything. A month behind on the house, more than a couple of months behind on credit cards, and the house isn't in the best shape. Plus, a kid is heading to college.

We have been focused on everything that matters except us. We collapse each night after school meetings, ballet, cheerleading practice, and we veg. My wife's head in my lap, I run my fingers through her hair for an hour or two. And after our youngest is put to bed and the older two drift to their rooms for the night we finally get the chance to talk. Sadly, I usually talk about work. Connie let's me know we can discuss other things than my work. Then we start talking about her job. We talk a lot about the kids.

And lately we talk about us. Not nearly as much as we should, but it's getting better.

I've had 13 years with Connie as my wife, 15 overall. There were days I'd rather forget, and moments that make me smile to this day. I don't like my wife everyday. Almost everyday yes, but not everyday. The same goes for her about me.

But I love her. Everyday.
    Last edited by TRF; 03-05-2007 at 12:54 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Today is my 13th wedding anniversary

Congratulations, TRF.

I hope your wife decides to pay this forum a visit and finds your wonderful love note waiting for her. It would be a shame if she never read those words.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Honestly, I don't have the guts to show it to her. We have a very quiet evening planned. However instead of doing that we'll likely be sitting at home with the kids watching Heroes.

oh well. I'll sit a little closer to her, and hover a bit more than usual. And as much as our anniversary means to us, Our birthday, we have the same birthday, seems to be more important to us.

For a Level Playing Field

Happy Anniversary, TRF.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Honestly, I don't have the guts to show it to her. We have a very quiet evening planned. However instead of doing that we'll likely be sitting at home with the kids watching Heroes.

oh well. I'll sit a little closer to her, and hover a bit more than usual. And as much as our anniversary means to us, Our birthday, we have the same birthday, seems to be more important to us.
    That's awesome!

The only other person I know that shares my birthday was my freshman roommate it college, which was weird and cool at the same time.

Rather than directly showing her the letter, casually leave it someplace for her to "find" it. I guarantee it would mean nothing short of the world to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Rather than directly showing her the letter, casually leave it someplace for her to "find" it. I guarantee it would mean nothing short of the world to her.
    I agree. Not to be too personal, but why in the world wouldn't you have the guts to show her this. It's very heartfelt and loving IMO.

Ya know, I really don't know. We usually reserve today for a good argument.

I suppose I could try something different.

Congrats
    Go Gators!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Come on, TRF! Just print it out and leave it with the mail or something. Tell her we made you do it. It was beautiful and most importantly it was from your heart...that's what she really wants from you on your anniversary. To hear from your heart.

Either way, Congratulations!

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Senor Votto

Congradulations thats quite a feat these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Come on, TRF! Just print it out and leave it with the mail or something. Tell her we made you do it.

Yeah. Blame it on us. We can take it. Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Congratulations TRF.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks.

13 down, 30 to go.

Come on, TRF! Just print it out and leave it with the mail or something. Tell her we made you do it.
    Yeah blame it on us tell her we MADE you do it!!! Whats she going to do to us TYPE US TO DEATH??

No seriously HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE!!!!!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Turn Off Ads?