Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Today is my 13th wedding anniversary

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Today is my 13th wedding anniversary

My wife never visits this site, so I doubt she ever reads this.

We've had our ups and downs. The last 4 years have been rough, and we lost sight of each other. For a while we were like strangers lying in the same bed. But it has gotten a lot better.

We have been so focused on our oldest daughter. First it was cheerleading tryouts for the first time, then varsity the next year, then varsity again this year. Now it's tryouts again, but this time in College. Plus we are trying to deal with the fact that she is leaving. We have mixed feelings about that, pride, sadness, excitement.

We have been so focused on our son. It's his first year in high school, and he's had trouble adjusting. He can't seem to take a step back and absorb it all. His grades have been poor, mostly because he can never remember to turn in his work, or do it. What makes it so frustrating is his test grades are almost always A's.

We have been so focused on our youngest daughter. She's a ballerina. She has tremendous natural grace on the dance floor. She's generally quiet in class but can be a pill for us. She has also had some health issues. Like myself, she has asthma. She spent three days in the hospital with pneumonia, and likely could have been hospitalized 3 other times in the past year. But she's a delight to watch on stage.

We are behind on everything. A month behind on the house, more than a couple of months behind on credit cards, and the house isn't in the best shape. Plus, a kid is heading to college.

We have been focused on everything that matters except us. We collapse each night after school meetings, ballet, cheerleading practice, and we veg. My wife's head in my lap, I run my fingers through her hair for an hour or two. And after our youngest is put to bed and the older two drift to their rooms for the night we finally get the chance to talk. Sadly, I usually talk about work. Connie let's me know we can discuss other things than my work. Then we start talking about her job. We talk a lot about the kids.

And lately we talk about us. Not nearly as much as we should, but it's getting better.

I've had 13 years with Connie as my wife, 15 overall. There were days I'd rather forget, and moments that make me smile to this day. I don't like my wife everyday. Almost everyday yes, but not everyday. The same goes for her about me.

But I love her. Everyday.
    Last edited by TRF; 03-05-2007 at 12:54 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?