Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Spring Training Ideas??

Spring Training Ideas??

Big week for the ole' Coacher...Wednesday night at Tampa vs Reds, Saturday in Winter Haven against the Indians and then next Monday against the Blue Jays

First, I take all responsibility if the clearly ordained perfect season goes down the tubes in a game I attend

Next, I need a Bobby Livingston scouting report, as he will start versus the Yankees...

Finally, and most importantly, Monday will be the first game my 9 and 6-year old daughters will attend...I haven't been able to see the Reds in Sarasota and I'm looking for ideas/input on things to make their experience special...autograph opportunities???...other park amenities???

Thanks for any insight you can give!

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Spring Training Ideas??

Gulf coast beaches are the best

Bobby Livingston...

For those that don't want to click..

Strengths: Livingston is in control on the mound and even when his pitches aren't at their best and he's getting touched up, he never loses that. His command is very good and he rarely walks batters. Few bats, even in the big leagues, will be able to intimidate him in any fashion. He knows how to pitch and understands how to use his pitches to get outs. He's as durable as pitchers get and is very, very consistent.

Weaknesses: The questions surrounding Livingston are all about his stuff. Can he win in the majors with an 83-86 mph fastball? Yes, he can, though it may take him some time to adjust to the league, as it did in Triple-A. His inexperience won't hurt him as much as most, since he's always had to think his way through a start seven innings at a time.

Tools - Now/Future

Fastball: 40/45

Curve Ball: 55/60+

Change: 55/60+

Slider: 40/45

Control-Command: 65/70

Delivery-Mechanics: 65/75

Staying Power: 60/65

Overall Future Potential: 58

Livingston's delivery can still be adjusted to get more out of his fastball, and his 200-pound frame can certainly handle the extra effort. He'll cut his fastball in on right-handers and baffle left-handers with a change.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

throws 106. NBD.

Make sure you have plenty of sunscreen, especially for the young ones.

Other than that, I've only been to one spring training game so I'm not sure about anything else that would help you out.

Thanks Dracodave for the Livingston report...

Long-term, do the masses believe he's a better prospect than Lizard???

Yes, plenty of sunscreen

I'd just like to find out when the park opens, and if they could get autographs anywhere...Reds.com talks about those things for regular season games, but I can't seem to locate that type info about games down here in Florida...

-William Gibbs McAdoo

I'm not a collector, but the practice fields are back behind the outfield of the stadium. That's a good place to get some autographs of the up and coming - usually in the morning.

The best place to get autographs of the current team seems to be down the right field line before the game. Pretty much everyone signs, especially for kids.

The park is small, so there isn't a bad seat in the place. As I said, the best place for autographs is the right field line, but that's also the best place for sunburns.

There have some great tee's for sale that say Spring Training that are pretty cool and they always sell special green shirts and caps around St. Pats day.

It's a great time. Enjoy.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Thanks, Creek!

-William Gibbs McAdoo

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post

Long-term, do the masses believe he's a better prospect than Lizard???
    Not a chance in my mind. Elizardo has better stuff and a better track record at a younger age.

The practice fields are a good place to meet some of the players, but as it gets later in ST, the less you see the big guys out there, more so just the minor leaguers. If you go EARLY morning, you can occasionally find the big guys out there checking things out. Right field stands are best bet in side the stadium. Some of the players will sign after the game by the parking lot, but not many, this stadium isnt as fan friendly as it was in plant City.

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Turn Off Ads?