Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is wrong with people?

Re: What is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    One of your friends GAC?
    What is that supposed to mean?
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

2. Turn Off Ads?

One of your friends GAC?
    Excuse me?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The guy the article about is from the same town as GAC.

I actually didn't read what the guy had done, just saw the picture and realized the connection to Bellefontaine. Needless to say, or so I thought, I was kidding.
    Last edited by MaineRed; 03-08-2007 at 10:05 AM.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Always been crazy people. Technology just let's us know it a little more now.
    I dont agree. People are more stupid and less inhibited to do idiotic things these days. Not saying nothing happened previously, I just happen to believe our society is gravitating to a more brutal and ugly one in really odd situations. I doubt there was many if ANY "using-4 mos old-as-bat" type of situations in 1900 to now.
    Last edited by smith288; 03-08-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Always been crazy people. Technology just let's us know it a little more now.
    Exactly. From what I'm able to gather, the shocking details of human behavior from 100 years ago would have blown our minds. Savage, brutal, inhuman behavior is nothing new.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Exactly. From what I'm able to gather, the shocking details of human behavior from 100 years ago would have blown our minds. Savage, brutal, inhuman behavior is nothing new.
    Dr. H. H. Holmes, please pick up the Red courtesy phone, Dr. H. H. Holmes, please pick up the Red courtesy phone.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Dr. H. H. Holmes, please pick up the Red courtesy phone, Dr. H. H. Holmes, please pick up the Red courtesy phone.

Oh, man, I was just thinking the same thing when I read M2's post and right before I read yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

One of your friends GAC?
    No. But right now, there are alot of people in this community that would love to take this guy out back and be his "friend" for about 15 minutes (if you know what I mean).

Nothing in this world disgusts me more then a man who feels he must prove his masculinity by beating up and abusing woman and children.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    I dont agree. People are more stupid and less inhibited to do idiotic things these days. Not saying nothing happened previously, I just happen to believe our society is gravitating to a more brutal and ugly one in really odd situations. I doubt there was many if ANY "using-4 mos old-as-bat" type of situations in 1900 to now.
    I don't agree that we are more brutal than past. Several things may make it appear that we are though.

- Laws change and societies perceptions change. It used to be legal to beat your wife with a rod as thick as your thumb. Challenging one to a duel was acceptable. In fact we've had Presidents who (obviously) won duels that they challenged others to. Paddling a student was considered proper child rearing.
    - Scientific, technological, mechanical, and psychological advances have greatly improved law enforcement efforts in solving and discovering crimes: (how law enforcement officers interview and interrogate suspects, DNA, electronic signs over the highway warning of a kidnapped person, cell phones so people call immediately when they see something and give an immediate therefore more accurate description or details of what they saw, etc.) So not only are law enforcement able to solve more crimes, they are able to discover more crimes. Which allows for people that used to be listed as missing are now confirmed deceased and you know how they were killed.
    -News media. I'm including the Internet in this group. Which obviously includes sites like this and blogs, things beyond "News sites". Your able to get more news from around the world almost instantly. The news media has jumped leaps and bounds (thats good and bad considering the quality of some sites). Things that old news producers wouldn't put on your local news or world news because they weren't big enough and there are time constraints. The local news used to be only 30 minutes, not that long ago. Before that there was radio. Before that, daily newspapers, weekly newspapers, monthly newspapers. Before that ... word of mouth. Some of the most notorious crimes that happened before 1900, you know about because they happened in or very near big cities, with big news agencies: Jack the Ripper, Lizzy Borden and her forty whacks, etc.

Does the name Eddie Gein from Plainfield, Wisconsin mean anything to you? I bet Jeffrey Dahmer from Milwaukee, Wisconsin does though. That's because Dahmer didn't happen that long ago, yet Gein who was at least just as sick as Dahmer, was only 50 years ago. Gein was caught in 1957 by the Deputy whose mother went missing from work one night. The Deputy and Sheriff found the Deputy's mother hung like a deer by her feet, gutted, headless, cut from her genitals to her throat. Her head was found beneath the mattress with nails in her ears. They found the remains of 15 women in and around his house on his farm. They found skulls used as soup bowls, leg bones used as table legs, lips on a string, pieces of salted genitalia in a box, skulls on his bedposts, skins from women that he used to wear to pretend that he was a woman, human skins to cover chairs, human organs on the stove. He used to sell "venison" to his neighbors, though no one could recall later ever seeing him hunt deer. His real life killings were what brought you "Psycho", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", and Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs".

Our generation or our five previous generations didn't invent sex or the various ways to engage in it or the frequency and we didn't invent brutality or the various ways to engage in it or the frequency.
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 03-09-2007 at 01:05 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Turn Off Ads?