Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hughes vs. Bailey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hughes vs. Bailey

Hughes pitched well for the Yanks today 2ip 1 hit no runs and I believe he k'd a batter. My point for the thread is Hughes didn't start the game and I believed this allowed him to relax a bit more than if he had started the game. So my question is should Narron have put Homer in later to help him relax and give his confidence a boost.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Hughes vs. Bailey

Hughes admitted he was nervous the first game this spring, and he got roughed up a little too. He was probably more calm today and was able to locate his pitches better. Narron said that Bailey probably wont be starting anymore this spring, but will still get some work.

Re: Hughes vs. Bailey

Well Bailey did breeze thru that first inning he pitched. I don't know what their exact plan is, but I'd like to see them give Homer 1 or 2 more "starts" when they have split squad games. This early in spring, you never know how early the regulars will be pulled from a game. I'd like to see Homer get a few more innings against the cast of regulars rather than coming in to face AAA fill ins. I assume he'll see enough AAA batters during April.

Turn Off Ads?