Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2007 Louisville Bats Media Guide now available online

2007 Louisville Bats Media Guide now available online

I downloaded this last night and just got done checking it all out. Pretty good stuff in there.
    You can get it at www.batsbaseball.com or by clicking the link below to go directly to it. Be sure to 'save target as' though, otherwise it will probably just load directly into your browser.

http://milb.newsroom.mlbcontrol.net/...a_Guide2MB.pdf

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2007 Louisville Bats Media Guide now available online

Does it say that Chris Denorfia will be the returning star?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Lol it didnt say that....at least not that I saw. He is listed though in their player profiles. Of course so is Paul Janish, who I would be surprised to see in Louisville this year unless he goes on an absolute tear. No reason to rush him with Alex Gonzalez here now. Its worth downloading though, some nice information on a lot of players.

Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

Do the Bats know something the rest of us don't? Seems they might. Otherwise they would be going out on limb deciding who to put in their media guide this early. I've heard that the decision of who is going where in the minors is made before spring training and something really unusual has to happen for that decision to change.

Also, I'm not sure why putting Janish in AAA this year would be "rushing" him. (I'm not being argumentative, just not sure if I understand or agree with the notion that AAA as opposed to AA is "rushing" him.) If the Reds brass are convinced he would hold his own at AAA, why not let him wait there instead of AA for Gonzales to go away. It seems that Janish would improve at a more rapid rate and would be ready for the Majors sooner if he was at AAA instead of AA (again, presuming he can handle AAA). That way he would be poised to take over if Gonzales goes down unexectedly.
    Last edited by Triples; 03-07-2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: punctuation
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Does it say that Chris Denorfia will be the returning star?
    Denorfia does have his own wing planned in the Larson-Etherton Bats Memorial Museum & Archives, however.

Turn Off Ads?